Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Western Veil Nebula
Lens: Takumar 200mm F4 Camera: KX Photo Location: West Chester PA ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: zambonikane, 10-03-2013, 10:15 PM

This past summer, I picked up a couple of vintage Takumar lenses for use in astrophotography. Here is my first go at the 200mm F/4. The subs for this were acquired while my main scope was imaging the western veil, and I was hoping to get the whole veil complex in my sights, but my aim was a little off. This was taken with my stock Pentax KX.

Views: 758
10-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really cool shot... well worth opening large and "falling" into. I have never tried astrophotography. I will have to look up the technique. We have very dark skies here (no light pollution) and the stars and planets are over the top awe inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo, veil