Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

More shots from the Vivitar 105mm
Posted By: Igilligan, 03-28-2008, 04:09 PM

It has been a while since I got this lens, and I picked up the tamron 28-75 2.8 2 weeks later, so I have been bouncing back and forth between them.

Here are some little shots with the Series 1 105 macro.

Attachment 10065

Attachment 10066

Snail Disaster
Attachment 10067

Seed Hull
Attachment 10068

Attachment 10069

I would love to hear what you think...

Thanks

Last edited by Igilligan; 06-20-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Views: 2,176
03-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #16
Igilligan

Actually this is Bud's beautiful photo...

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Igilligan - I really like the way you have cropped this to bring out the light on the focused petals and allow the background to recede. Since I am just learning and reading about composition, did you intentionally set the angular lines, and the way the light and color bring the eye into the photo, but don't move it off the right edge?

I was absolutely locked on the tips of the light orange petals.

I don't know enough yet to comment on the color, but what really matters is that my immediate reaction was - NICE PHOTO!
I wish it was mine!
And all of the wonderful setting of the photo was done by Bud. It is a natural fade of light and focus off of the petals as you flow thru the shot from left to right and front to back. A great composition IMHO.

I only cropped a tiny bit off of his original as practice and for fun. I posted it in here my thread because I dont think he posted it Pentaxforums yet. And I wanted to show him my crop...

03-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK - so they're your pixels and Bub helped you choose which ones to show us.
03-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They are all beautiful but my favorites are the grass shot and the orange flower, wow.