Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some tamron 28-75 f2.8 shots
Posted By: Igilligan, 03-28-2008, 06:52 PM

Just thought I would post a few from my newest lens. I really like the lens a lot

I think this one is nice
Attachment 10076

Foul Ball
Attachment 10077

Attachment 10078

Tea for Two
Attachment 10079

The Easter Crash
Attachment 10080

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Igilligan; 06-20-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Views: 2,080
03-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice ones Gus. That last shot cracks me up, classic.
03-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
Igilligan

Thanks Fritz, She was so cute and so passed out. One of the little chocolate eggs was in her hand the whole way home. ( an hour drive) When I went to pull her out of the car the chocolate was running thru her little fingers... and the foil egg wrapper was just a crushed little piece of messy.

thanks for looking
03-28-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Bud
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series, Gus!

I just handed my Tamron down to my son recently... and I really miss it! I have the 16-45 and the 50-135, but the 28-75 was nice length and so sharp and versatile! I shot several wildflowers with it last spring... great lens!

Priceless Easter candy overdose shot!

Bud

03-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That lens gets lots of good comments, and its not hard to see why.

Like the first one a lot.
Cheers
Grant
03-28-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I absolutely like the first shot. The bokeh is soft and gaussian like while the flower is totally sharp!

The last shot of the kid is quite a drama to look at !
03-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

The 1st is a great shot and really shows off how nice this lens really is. I agree with Jame's comments on that one. The last shot is a classic and a real keeper. Love the colour in the Tea shot. It does show the only weakness I've noticed with my copy of the lens (minor nit pick). If the background is busy and has high contrasting colours, the bokeh can be a bit harsh. Something I've learned to watch out for with this lens.

03-29-2008, 10:20 AM   #8
Igilligan

Thank you all

QuoteOriginally posted by Bud Quote
Nice series, Gus!

I just handed my Tamron down to my son recently... and I really miss it! I have the 16-45 and the 50-135, but the 28-75 was nice length and so sharp and versatile! I shot several wildflowers with it last spring... great lens!

Priceless Easter candy overdose shot!

Bud
Thanks Bud, My next two joneses for metal and glass are the 50-135 and the 180 macro...
After getting this 28-75 I will not go back.. I love F2.8 constant zooms.
And oh the 180 pics you all are posting are not helping my cravings....

QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
That lens gets lots of good comments, and its not hard to see why.

Like the first one a lot.
Cheers
Grant
Thanks Grant, I have been so pleased with this lens. It really fits my needs as a family snapper. And when I dial it in right like in the first flower shot, it comes pretty close to my Fa 50 in IQ quality.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I absolutely like the first shot. The bokeh is soft and gaussian like while the flower is totally sharp!

The last shot of the kid is quite a drama to look at !
Thanks roentarre
I really like that first one too. I realize it is not the 3D look that everyone mentions, but it definately has a 'quality' to it that I like. I bought this lens to use mostly for lower light snaps of my girls, but once in a while I point it at other subjects and it pleasantly surprizes me.

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
The 1st is a great shot and really shows off how nice this lens really is. I agree with Jame's comments on that one. The last shot is a classic and a real keeper. Love the colour in the Tea shot. It does show the only weakness I've noticed with my copy of the lens (minor nit pick). If the background is busy and has high contrasting colours, the bokeh can be a bit harsh. Something I've learned to watch out for with this lens.
Thanks for the nice comments Peter. And thanks for the heads up about the 'busy background/contrasting colors' issue. I have not shot enough with it yet to realize it but I see what you are saying in this shot. When you say you look out for it, what exactly are you doing? In that shot of the tea, I could have maybe used 2.8 except it was really sunny and I did not have a ND filter with me. (I have to get one for the 67mm thread, any recommendations?)
Do you just try and change your composition away from the high contrasting areas?
Thanks for the help.
03-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #9
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Gus, Generally one of 2 things I try to look out for. Either adjust the shooting angle to not include objects that will give a harsh appearance or open the lens up more to blur the background further. It's not terrible but zooms have a tougher time with bokeh than primes do a lot of the time.