Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Great Smokie Mountains
Lens: DA40 and DA21 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Tennessee 
Posted By: Dice, 10-16-2013, 12:56 PM

Seems my time for photography has been limited. But I took a trip to the Great Smokie Mountains with a friend and got to dust off the camera and a couple of my least used lenses for a day of photography. Here are my highlights.

Views: 805
10-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Forum Member

Some nice, sharp photos with great detail. Tennessee is nice, from what I've seen here.
10-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Excellent, I'm glad you were able to see a little color before the unfortunate shutdown--I've been gnashing my teeth up here in Knoxvegas for going on two weeks now. I'm curious, though: do you run a CPL for your foliage shots? Yours look great, so I'll definitely take some cues from you as I accessorize my K5/DA 21 outfit I'm learning about.
10-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great! These pictures have a very polished look to them.

10-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bernie_Rain Quote
Some nice, sharp photos with great detail. Tennessee is nice, from what I've seen here.
Thanks for commenting. It was my first trip to the area and I'll definitely be back. Might try the spring or winter though next time.

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Excellent, I'm glad you were able to see a little color before the unfortunate shutdown--I've been gnashing my teeth up here in Knoxvegas for going on two weeks now. I'm curious, though: do you run a CPL for your foliage shots? Yours look great, so I'll definitely take some cues from you as I accessorize my K5/DA 21 outfit I'm learning about.
Actually I was there just last week. The only things shut down were the visitor centers and Cades Cove area. Everything else was open. Don't wait, I suspect the colors will be peaking soon. I did have a cpl on the DA21. I was shooting at not the best times of the day but that combo did pretty well. Knoxvegas that's funny. It was my first visit to TN I'd have to say except for the traffic and glitz of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, I enjoyed my stay in TN very much.

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Great! These pictures have a very polished look to them.
Thanks for the nice comment.
10-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Glad to hear you had a good time--these bluebird skies have been challenging lately, though no doubt you have your share of those in Cali.
10-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
very pleasant series to view Dice, we love that area but agree about the busy cities.