Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lady Bird Johnson Grove
Lens: Sigma 28-80 Camera: K100D Photo Location: Lady Bird Johnson Grove, Ca. 
Posted By: scotty707, 10-24-2013, 01:00 PM

I took a walk around Lady Bird Johnson Grove in Redwood National Park. I didn't really end up very happy with most of my pictures. The sheer number of trees made it difficult to make a clear subject of my pictures. Anyone have any pointers for what to shoot when you have a background that is nothing but trees?

Entire album is here.:

Views: 655
10-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You have some nice ones here. I'm no tree expert but I would probably go for one stop or so lower exposure in the first two because I like the dark forest look, I think it brings out the rich greens better. But my best advice is to look at Jimbo's posts. He really has the forest shots down to an art form.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bird, camera, grove, johnson, lady, photo, pictures, trees