Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Nashville
Camera: K-5 
Posted By: slowpez, 10-28-2013, 08:07 AM

J. Percy Priest COE campground. We got kicked out when the government shut down and had to scramble around to find another place to stay as we had tickets to the Ryman (Ricky Skaggs) and the Grand Ole Opry (Vince Gill, et al).

The campground is one of our favorites when we are in the area.

Great show at both venues too. This is the opry - we didn't take any photos of the Ryman.

Views: 720
10-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
beautiful sunset colors and the 3rd one is awesome Susan. Campground must be pretty nice if you like it, will make note of that one for our next trip back there. Funny how the campgrounds were closed and people kicked out, that's the only thing the government makes money at.
10-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My gosh, Susan - that B&W is super - and extends my time warp from our recent quick visit to Watertown, MA.

Back in the late '60s and early '70s, while I was a grad student at Vanderbilt, Connie and I sailed Percy Priest for three summers with a 14' sloop-rigged hard chine Tanzer 14 - we docked her in a tiny marina on the west side of the lake for the summer months. We were charter members of the Percy Priest Yacht Club; in our day, it was a group of folks who met in each others' homes and raced on Sundays in our little day sailers. Now the place is a big deal - including the requisite bar!

Thanks for another Blast from the Past!

Jer
10-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to TN. Some nice shots Susan

10-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
beautiful sunset colors and the 3rd one is awesome Susan. Campground must be pretty nice if you like it, will make note of that one for our next trip back there. Funny how the campgrounds were closed and people kicked out, that's the only thing the government makes money at.
Thanks Bob. We only had the one sunset. The third shot came about while waiting around for another. You can see those very same rocks in the second shot.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
My gosh, Susan - that B&W is super - and extends my time warp from our recent quick visit to Watertown, MA.

Back in the late '60s and early '70s, while I was a grad student at Vanderbilt, Connie and I sailed Percy Priest for three summers with a 14' sloop-rigged hard chine Tanzer 14 - we docked her in a tiny marina on the west side of the lake for the summer months. We were charter members of the Percy Priest Yacht Club; in our day, it was a group of folks who met in each others' homes and raced on Sundays in our little day sailers. Now the place is a big deal - including the requisite bar!

Thanks for another Blast from the Past!

Jer
Still quite a bit of sailing on the lake Jer. They also have some big resort type thing with water slides and rides I think and an upscale campground but we haven't checked it out.

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Welcome to TN. Some nice shots Susan
Thanks Patrick. We spend quite a bit of time in the mountains of Tennessee when we are at home.
10-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice Series Susan. The black and white is really moody and I like the whole and partial views of the 2nd and 3rd images. The Grand Ole Opry looks smaller than I expected. How many does it seat? Thank you for sharing
10-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Nice Series Susan. The black and white is really moody and I like the whole and partial views of the 2nd and 3rd images. The Grand Ole Opry looks smaller than I expected. How many does it seat? Thank you for sharing
Thanks Tess. The Opry is huge. Not sure how many it seats but there isn't a bad seat in the house.