Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Morning walk
Lens: 18-55 DA Camera: K5 IIs Photo Location: Beach ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Hrlmwrld, 11-01-2013, 03:09 AM

I start every morning walking a mile or so along the beach and I always bring my camera (of course). Although I have seen it thousands of time sunrise never gets boring and there is always something unique. I quite enjoy the silhouette effect or the underexposed foreground as I want the focal point to be solely on the sun and thaw way it paints the sky. I have learned much in the 8 months since I first began this hobby but there is still so much to learn. Your thoughts please.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 601
11-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a fantastic shot, I especially love the figure on the beach playing with the dog. To me, you have enough light on the building to make out detail while keeping focus on the sunset. Evokes a feeling of nostalgia for me.
11-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very soothing shot Stan.Nicely done.What beach was this taken at? Welcome to the forum.--charliezap
11-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lovely sunrise. You managed to achieve what you were looking for in keeping the interest on the sun and it's colors. Well done.

11-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
A very soothing shot Stan.Nicely done.What beach was this taken at? Welcome to the forum.--charliezap
A local beach here in Norfolk VA, it over looks the Chesapeake Bay.
11-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Lovely sunrise. You managed to achieve what you were looking for in keeping the interest on the sun and it's colors. Well done.
Thank you.
06-28-2018, 07:52 AM   #7
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hrlmwrld Quote
I start every morning walking a mile or so along the beach and I always bring my camera (of course). Although I have seen it thousands of time sunrise never gets boring and there is always something unique. I quite enjoy the silhouette effect or the underexposed foreground as I want the focal point to be solely on the sun and thaw way it paints the sky. I have learned much in the 8 months since I first began this hobby but there is still so much to learn. Your thoughts please.
Love the composition!