Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Fuzzy Logic
Lens: DA 55-300 @300 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Grandsport Speedway, Hitchcock, TX ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Sailor, 11-03-2013, 01:01 PM

Yesterday, while standing behind a protective wall in the pit area of Grandsport Speedway, I watched (and photographed) a 911 GT3 RS (996) attacking the track with gusto. When the car was on the far side of the track, the classic chain-saw-like wail of the flat six was muted and therefore gave the scene an almost other-worldly feel - like I was separated from that world by a veil hiding its detail. So, I waited as the car made a second lap, focused on the wall, and fired the shot so that the main subject would blurry. Fuzzy logic dictated a fuzzy shot . Connie says the picture is ridiculous , but fuzzy-ole-me kind of likes it.

Jer

Views: 689
11-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sooooo how many bud lights were consumed in the making of this picture ha! The beauty of photography is if you like it, it's a keeper. What speed was reached ? You gonna try and match that at home ;-)
11-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think its pretty interesting, because a wall is stealing focus from the expected subject - the expensive, fast, cool car. Its a statement, but the viewer needs to take a couple seconds to think about it (and read that it was done on purpose, not by mistake!) And it does talk about how removed the spectator is from the event, even though they are right there, participating passively, crucial for the event to even take place
11-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would say you got what you wanted buddy, nice wall, awesome car.

11-03-2013, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Sooooo how many bud lights were consumed in the making of this picture ha! The beauty of photography is if you like it, it's a keeper. What speed was reached ? You gonna try and match that at home ;-)
Here's the deal for appreciating this photo, buddy. Buy a stack of the Capn's Solo cups; fill several (like 12) with your favorite libation; and drink them quickly in succession. At some point the car will look perfectly focused and the wall will blur - that's when you know you need a designated driver :fed up:.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I think its pretty interesting, because a wall is stealing focus from the expected subject - the expensive, fast, cool car. Its a statement, but the viewer needs to take a couple seconds to think about it (and read that it was done on purpose, not by mistake!) And it does talk about how removed the spectator is from the event, even though they are right there, participating passively, crucial for the event to even take place
Thanks. Occasionally, I think of something pretty bizarre to do with a camera; I appreciate your indulgence of this particular whim.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I would say you got what you wanted buddy, nice wall, awesome car.
Thanks, man. I'll post some photos of this and other cars at the track - I promise they'll be in sharp focus .

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 11-03-2013 at 06:44 PM.