Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Another night, another walk...
Lens: Sigma 70 macro, DA 21ltd Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Algoqnuin Park, Ontario, Canada ISO: 100 
Posted By: normhead, 11-04-2013, 10:25 AM

A few images from last night.














To see all images in this album click here.
Views: 961
11-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,384
Nice series, Norm.
11-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,420
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Nice series, Norm.
Thanks for commenting, I decided to go with SIgma 70 and 21 ltd, and it turned out be capable of almost everything I wanted to do. Although I missed a couple shots because I didn't have the Sigma 8-16 with me.
11-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
dbh
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edmonton
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 404
That's a great place to walk! Nice pics.

11-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
volley's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springe
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,568
Very good series Norm! But what is the white stuff in the 3rd shot??
11-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,415
Very nice set; the second in series really ties things together for me.

A question about your DA 21mm, though: have you found a good system to run both a CPL and a lens hood on it under "field conditons" (e.g. with sweat in your eyes and no-see-'um's in your nasal passages)? For myself, I'm considering just shading the lens with my hat on those occasions I'm using the polarizer while shooting toward the sun and just forgoing the hood altogether, but perhaps you've got a more elegant solution?
11-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,420
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Very good series Norm! But what is the white stuff in the 3rd shot??
White stuff is water, there's nothing else to see here, move along folks.

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Very nice set; the second in series really ties things together for me.

A question about your DA 21mm, though: have you found a good system to run both a CPL and a lens hood on it under "field conditons" (e.g. with sweat in your eyes and no-see-'um's in your nasal passages)? For myself, I'm considering just shading the lens with my hat on those occasions I'm using the polarizer while shooting toward the sun and just forgoing the hood altogether, but perhaps you've got a more elegant solution?
I just shoot with it with the hood that came with it. It seems fine without a filter and the hood provides adequate protection.

11-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
Veteran Member
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,914
Is that a K3 in your hands or are just Happy ? Very nice series Norm , pics look sharp and detailed. are you shooting Raw and pp or jpg's out the camera (I remember you mentioning Aperture did not support the K3 yet). Have you tired AF-C yet ? BIF ? How do you find the overall AF. Damn just so many questions when you post results like this.
11-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
love the detail on these photos.
11-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,415
QuoteQuote:
I just shoot with it with the hood that came with it. It seems fine without a filter and the hood provides adequate protection.
Excellent, thanks: I think that will be my MO as well unless I'm catching a lot of glare off of water and/or foliage.
11-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,420
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
love the detail on these photos.
Thanks BobÖ a tripod and 100 ISO is the secret to my success.

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Excellent, thanks: I think that will be my MO as well unless I'm catching a lot of glare off of water and/or foliage.
We use polarizing filters for sunsets, and anywhere we want clouds with a bit of depth, but the 21 seems to do just fine at that.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Is that a K3 in your hands or are just Happy ? Very nice series Norm , pics look sharp and detailed. are you shooting Raw and pp or jpg's out the camera (I remember you mentioning Aperture did not support the K3 yet). Have you tired AF-C yet ? BIF ? How do you find the overall AF. Damn just so many questions when you post results like this.
I developed raw in the Pentax software, the Ricoh Digital Camara Utility.App powered by SilkyPix, then exported to till file, then imported to Aperture. Someone advised me somewhere to download Adobe DNG Converter, which is a much fast process, and gives me a DNG file I can import into Aperture , loading 30 MP files instead of 145 MP files onto my hard drive.

I haven't tried a bird in flight or AF-C. On screw drives the AF is killer, they speeded it up, I think the limitation on electric drives is the electric motors, It will be interesting to see if new lenses have faster motors on them, at risk of not working as well on older cameras, now that they have an AF system that can accommodate faster lenses.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, images, night, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature another cute spider and another pretty flower tessfully Post Your Photos! 6 08-07-2013 04:18 AM
Streets Another day another photo: Retro Red Dodge mischivo Post Your Photos! 2 04-27-2012 12:29 PM
People Another day, another photo: in the night kitchen. mischivo Post Your Photos! 1 04-06-2012 07:28 PM
Cityscape Another Night in Shanghai Florian Post Your Photos! 2 03-18-2012 11:03 PM
Landscape Another walk out by the coast in northern Norway Larsenio Post Your Photos! 11 01-30-2012 12:45 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top