Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sunset at Grand Canyon
Lens: 18-135 Camera: K30 Photo Location: Grand Canyon/North Rim ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s 
Posted By: New Englander, 11-09-2013, 06:07 AM

Left Zion and headed to the "Canyon". Taken at sunset from the North Rim; San Francisco Peaks in the background.
Hardly any tourists there (like me) and had a quiet secluded bench all to myself.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 948
11-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Are there still fires in the area? Looks a bit hazy. We are going there next year and pictures like these make me want the days to pass faster.
11-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #3

Original Poster
I was there mid-May, just two days after they opened the north rim area. Yes, it was just a bit hazy that afternoon
and was told it was air pollution. ? Dunno for sure. In Zion there was afternoon haze and was told it was
"just Utah haze". Maybe blowing sand in the air or just perhaps when things warm up during the day the heat
causes it look that way.
11-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice shot! Amazing formations with geological layers clearly visible - I can get the charm of that place ! --manntax

07-01-2018, 06:52 AM   #5
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by New Englander Quote
Left Zion and headed to the "Canyon". Taken at sunset from the North Rim; San Francisco Peaks in the background.
Hardly any tourists there (like me) and had a quiet secluded bench all to myself.
Nice shot! Love the mountains in the background! Wish I was there!