Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Saint Laurent River, Quebec City
Lens: Sigma 17-70mm 1:2.8-4.5 Camera: Pentax K100D Photo Location: Quebec City 
Posted By: NISZILA, 11-09-2013, 03:51 PM

Hi All,

I'm in Quebec City for the next five days and spent some time walking around the city today. Here are two of the shots I have captured of the Saint Laurent River and one of my wife keeping warm in the zero degree temperatures.

Flickr have changed their website and I don't know what they have done, but it seems the links on the photo's don't work, so if you want to see bigger versions, my album link is in my signature.

Last edited by NISZILA; 11-09-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Views: 1,111
11-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Nice pics.....Nice City too. I was there in June....a tad bit warmer then

Enjoy your visit
11-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #3

Nice pics!

If you subscribed to the new Flicker, you might be able to opt out and get the old settings back.
11-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks Guys,

I will see if I can try that GTogs. It is annoying as the old version of Flickr made it so easy to share.

11-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
If there was any doubt of it being cold in Quebec City, here is a phone pic of my wife and I from today.The snow is here!

11-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots of the St Lawrence River fom the old city and nice to see Q.C. from a "different angle".

Good pano shots too !

I hope you enjoyed the city and its great food, something never to miss when you're there.
Next time, plan to move on East a bit more and visit us in the land of the most beautiful sunsets.

Cheers!

JP
11-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Great shots of the St Lawrence River fom the old city and nice to see Q.C. from a "different angle".

Good pano shots too !

I hope you enjoyed the city and its great food, something never to miss when you're there.
Next time, plan to move on East a bit more and visit us in the land of the most beautiful sunsets.

Cheers!

JP
Thanks JP!

If you have any recommendations on places to go, please let me know. We are here till Wednesday night, so we have a bit more time up our sleeve. We will be back for sure!

11-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NISZILA Quote
Thanks JP!

If you have any recommendations on places to go, please let me know. We are here till Wednesday night, so we have a bit more time up our sleeve. We will be back for sure!
Depends what you are looking for: landscapes, the old town, nature ... ?
This is our time of the year when the wildlife is slowly disappearing and the landscapes become somewhat denuded of all foliage, so you might be a bit disappointed with any "natural" settings.

On the other hand, and I wonder if they are still there, the immense gathering of snow geese at the Cap Tourmente is something to see ... quite a show with hundreds of thousands of those geese.
Not far from the old town actually: if you Google Map it, you'll find it very easy to access.

I always wander around the old town myself because there is always something that can be "captured" : architecture, people, the old warf, sometimes some great cruise ships (again, this might be a little late in the season but the ships usually sail into the St Lawrence up until now, or about).

The "L'Ile d'Orléans" is also a nice place to go (on your way to the Cap Tourmente - a bridege takes you across so no need to take a ferry) and the "Chutes Montmorency", also in the same direction.

Hope you will have enjoyed your stay!

Cheers.

JP