Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Tug & Barge on the Horizon
Lens: Pentax 18-135 Camera: Pentax k-30 Photo Location: Ellisville State Park, Plymouth, MA ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Catscradle, 11-15-2013, 05:30 PM

I shot this picture on a visit to Ellisville State Park in Plymouth, MA. It was late in the morning and the sun was getting high so all the pictures were to bright with the sky washed out. I decided to convert this to B&W using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements. Quite frankly, I don't remember all the gyrations I put this image through to arrive at this image. I don't really think I would call it "good", but I think it fair to call it interesting.
Though I'm long on years, I'm short on experience taking serious pictures, but I've got to start somewhere. I appreciate politeness in comments, but even more I would appreciate honest criticism even if it results in a degree of rudeness.

Attached Images

Views: 980
11-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Here's the original, you can see why I decided to use it experimentally.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
11-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Funny thing - not having read your initial comment - the very first thought that came to me was hmm an interesting image
But seriously I think you have done nicely and you sort of 'injected' into this shot what it lacked - some 'character'. I like how in B&W version that dark silhouette-like horizon line and black sea contrastes with bright *almost* overexposed foreground. Nice technique and good execution of an unconventional idea !