Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"Budding" Florist
Posted By: Techiechick, 04-02-2008, 12:19 PM

The garden show had an area for children to do "hands" on activities, this is my grand daughter Katarina, creating a floral arrangement.

Views: 2,642
04-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very well done nice photo
04-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Igilligan

She is a doll

A great shot of your granddaughter Techiechick

My 3 and 5 year old daughters work with their mom in "their" flower gardens and already know the names of the flowers better than I do.

Unfortunately the three year likes to pick them for flower pies and other art projects!

Here is her hands-on flower arrangement from the other day... Mom was less than pleased with her "handywork"... but it was fun for me

Attachment 10284

Last edited by Igilligan; 06-20-2008 at 10:22 AM.
04-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
Forum Member

Aww..
Very cute, Diane!

04-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shot of your grand daughter Diane. You captured a wonderful expression.

Paul
04-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #6

Hi Diane,

This is my first comment on other posters' picture. All I can say is "Wow!" An excellent capture!
04-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooiool Quote
Very well done nice photo
Thank you very much, I appreciate your looking and commenting.

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
A great shot of your granddaughter Techiechick

My 3 and 5 year old daughters work with their mom in "their" flower gardens and already know the names of the flowers better than I do.

Unfortunately the three year likes to pick them for flower pies and other art projects!

Here is her hands-on flower arrangement from the other day... Mom was less than pleased with her "handywork"... but it was fun for me

Attachment 10284
Thank you very much. Looks like your daughter made a lovely arrangement. You wife will cherish the memory later. It will be one of those stories that gets told over and over when they ar all grown up. (which happens much too quickly)

QuoteOriginally posted by ManWithCamera Quote
Aww..
Very cute, Diane!
Thank you for your kind comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Nice shot of your grand daughter Diane. You captured a wonderful expression.

Paul
Thank you Paul, she was having a wonderful time.

QuoteOriginally posted by birefringence Quote
Hi Diane,

This is my first comment on other posters' picture. All I can say is "Wow!" An excellent capture!
Thank you Danny for your kind comment. I look forward to seeing more of your work soon.

04-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diane, that is a really good photo of your granddaughter. If this is the original size you have lots of room for a really tight crop and with a little PP it would look nice on a wall.

Take care,
04-04-2008, 02:58 AM   #9
Inactive Account

A great photo for the family album. Really beautiful, and a lot of expression.
04-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Great capture of a priceless moment Diane - that will be perfect to show at her wedding
04-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
Veteran Member

What a sweet photo of the little girl and the flower, very nice, in spite of the distracting elements that you could not help in that situation...
04-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Diane, that is a really good photo of your granddaughter. If this is the original size you have lots of room for a really tight crop and with a little PP it would look nice on a wall.

Take care,
Thank you Heinrich, actually this is the reduced for forum size. I did do a tight crop of her where she appears to be concentrating on the flower. The cropped image creates a completely different presentation to the image.

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie_B Quote
A great photo for the family album. Really beautiful, and a lot of expression.

Thank you very much Julie. I plan on printing it and giving it to her other Grandma for mothers day. Her other Grandma is really into flowers and will enjoy it I'm sure.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Great capture of a priceless moment Diane - that will be perfect to show at her wedding
Thank you Dave, I'll keep that in mind, however I hope that will be in about 20 years?

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
What a sweet photo of the little girl and the flower, very nice, in spite of the distracting elements that you could not help in that situation...
Thank you very much, I did crop some of the left side, but didn't want to crop anymore, as it made her look crowded. I wanted the image to display what was happening in the shot. I did do a close crop of just her face and the flowers, which presented a completely different story. It looked like a little girl concentrating on a flower rather than creating an arrangement.
04-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a great shot Diane. Love the expression and concentration. Impressive capture. I'm terrible at portrait photography, and am always amazed at what others can caputre.

NaCl(but I've other skills)HO
04-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
What a great shot Diane. Love the expression and concentration. Impressive capture. I'm terrible at portrait photography, and am always amazed at what others can caputre.

NaCl(but I've other skills)HO
Thank you H20 for the kind comment. I appreciate your input and support.
04-05-2008, 07:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I really like the expression on your grand daughters face concentrating on the flower (or leaf). Nice capture.