Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Renaissance Festival (Pic Heavy)
Posted By: alamo5000, 11-17-2013, 05:43 PM

I went to the Renaissance Festival in Texas for the first time ever yesterday... I had an absolutely FANTASTIC time. It was my first time really getting out to take photos since I started in photography. It made me even more excited about photography than ever. I only started taking photos a little more than a year ago...

I had a lot of revelations about things and got to try and do things I have never tried...Since I am putting up pictures I am putting it up here... but my intent is to DISCUSS the things I learned. I am quite excited by all this... but I am going to go ahead and put up the pics and come back to this later on for continued discussion.

Please note that I took about 300 photos and did not take a lot of time to process any of these...but I had quite a few revelations and very exciting things (for me) that are great... I look forward to sharing all that.

Views: 2,280
11-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
These are great. It is interesting how some of the people look so appropriate in their chosen costume. You could put them in a time warp and they would fit right in.

I especially like 4,11,17,18.

11-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow those are great. Some of those characters fit so well with the costumes.
11-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fantastic portraits - one and all. I'm truly impressed.

In the 18 years I've lived down here, I've never drug my lazy carcass up to one of the festivals weekends - something we keep promising ourselves but never seem to do.

Jer
11-20-2013, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #19
dbh
Inactive Account

Great work and thanks for sharing it with us here!

11-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
There's some great, moody shots there, but the little butterfly in the first shot caught my eye.

She caught my eye too

Truth be told the place was full of stunners and for a young good looking guy like me... that was worth it all by itself...
11-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Isn't it a great feeling when everything seems to fall in place! You have enjoyed yourself and that shows. There are some wonderful portraits here (and lady's).
Yes I truly did enjoy it and PART of that was that this was the first time ever I have been in a target rich environment where I could truly test my photography skills out on the fly. There was so many chances and opportunities for shots... I could have taken almost anything out of the bag and got good results... I chose what I consider my most 'challenging' lens and had a bit of a challenge testing myself to get results...and I loved every minute of it...
11-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by caledonian Quote
These are great. It is interesting how some of the people look so appropriate in their chosen costume. You could put them in a time warp and they would fit right in.

I especially like 4,11,17,18.
Thank you! I like the fact that you made a list!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Wow those are great. Some of those characters fit so well with the costumes.

Yes people go all out to dress up for these things...which made it even all the more fun... even the general public dressed up. Many of the people pictured above were not employed by the event. They came on their own dressed like that...just for fun.

11-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Fantastic portraits - one and all. I'm truly impressed.

In the 18 years I've lived down here, I've never drug my lazy carcass up to one of the festivals weekends - something we keep promising ourselves but never seem to do.

Jer

You are missing out. They said Thanksgiving weekend is the best time to go... it's the last weekend of the season until next year... I will meet you there!
11-21-2013, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For some reason, people in costumes is always fun…. thanks for posting.