Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
photoshopped house
Posted By: little laker, 01-18-2007, 11:25 PM

Here's the original picture

In my opinion it's beautiful just the way that it is, but I decided to try darkening the image a little.
Converted it to gray scale
paste the original color version on top, and remove all the yellow from the house.

Heres what I ended up with

Personally I like them both about equally, and I'm glad that I made the effort
Views: 1,342
01-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I like the first shot better though.

For some reasons, the first one looks more lively and interesting than the 2nd pic.
01-19-2007, 07:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
2nd shot works for me. Gives the idea of old and abandoned.

Thanks for posting
01-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Bit of a toss up for me.
I like the colored house a bit better but agree with Ken about the abandoned look.
I wonder if it may have gotten both if you had use a brush with less opacity on the mask, say something like 50%, which would have darkened the colors and may have given that sense of antiquity and abandonment to the building.

01-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
wouldn't you know it, it's the first time that I've only saved something as a JPG so I'd have to start from scratch this time
I don't think that I'll have the time required or the next few days, but I might try something similar to that when I do Clarence.
Thanks for the input