Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Some hiking pictures taken with Sigma 10-20mm
Posted By: birefringence, 04-03-2008, 06:33 AM

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum, so please easy on me.

Thanks for viewing. I am also a newbie in DSLR usage, only 2200 shots so far. Without using bracket exposure control, it will be around 700 shots only. Still learning.

BR,

Danny
Views: 3,823
04-03-2008, 09:48 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
Welcome to the forum. These are amazing captures, my personal favorit is #4. It looks like that lens really produces for you.
Thank you for your kind words, Diane..

I have viewed your PPG pictures, Wow! 11 of them. I like the green tomato, who me, cabbage diamonds and fruit plate best.

The 10-20mm is a great lens, except at 10mm, a small tilt will capture my shoes

BR,

Danny

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Nice shots! Around here we have gone from winter to mud season so I love seeing green.
Thanks Reeftool, it is really nice to see the spring coming and all the green.

BR,

Danny

04-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard Danny, nice work.
Love HK, we get to visit it a bit as our son & family work/live there, he's a hiker so we have done a few walks.
Cheers
Grant
04-04-2008, 06:07 AM   #18

Original Poster
Thanks GWP

HK is a good place to take pictures and hiking too, but I think Gold Coast is a better place

I have been to Cairns and Gold Coast in 2003, short duration (Group Tourist). I wise I can visit these beautiful places again. Last time, I was using film, an Olympus C840L and a Sony Camcorder, now I have a Pentax:-)
04-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
You are one of the good guys
K Gus, now you got my curiousity.

Danny welcome to the forum - great place to be as you have already found out. I would have to agree with the others at least in respect of the first image - the colours are just lucious.

Comment: I don't know whether it is the server where the images are located or that they are too big but it took a while for them to show.

Again, welcome.

04-04-2008, 03:17 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote

Ditto.

Gus calling someone one of the good guys?.....uh oh!!!??

In jest Gus.
04-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #21

Original Poster
Thanks JC and GWP

Danny welcome to the forum - great place to be as you have already found out. I would have to agree with the others at least in respect of the first image - the colours are just lucious.

Comment: I don't know whether it is the server where the images are located or that they are too big but it took a while for them to show.

Again, welcome.

My experience with DSLR is very limited, less than 2500 shots including bracket exposure shots. I come here to learn and hopefully to share. I have also been watching the DSLR section for a while, very informative and many friendly people there.

About the down load speed, I just aware that Adam suggested a max. 600 pixels on the long side. The pictures I posted above were for created for posting in my gallery and to be posted in the other forums. They are now hosting in photobucket (quite large, range from 800 to 1024 on the long side). I will check if I need to make adjustment in size, if I plan to posting more pictures here, I may need to prepare 2 versions.

As for the good guys and bad guys things, LOL. The compact cameras forum which we both used to visit a lot and still visiting was at WAR (please allow a little exaggeration) in the past several months. Those who could demonstrate good self-control of not using abrasive words and stay in context during arguments were considered to be good guys or gals. Gus is also one of the good guys too.

Many had stopped or making less visitings to that forum. Fortunately, the forum is recovering now, but the recent introduction of new cameras has slow down the recovery process (release of camera reviews can also do the same thing). More people posting pictures and discussions are more friendly now. Hopefully, the friendly community feel will return soon after contribution by those who love that community.

BR,

Danny
04-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #22
Veteran Member

great photos Danny
nice to see some representation from HK, especially since I'm from there
i'm so used to all the cityscapes, i forgot about all the nice scenery that can be found around HK

04-05-2008, 05:08 AM   #23
Veteran Member

OK, now we know WHY you're one of the good guys.

I always thought that HK was nothing but apartment and office buildings until my nephew came back with a video of the lush green hills. What an eye-opener that was.
04-05-2008, 06:48 AM   #24

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
great photos Danny
nice to see some representation from HK, especially since I'm from there
i'm so used to all the cityscapes, i forgot about all the nice scenery that can be found around HK
Hi K100d,

Thank you for your kind words. I will post some cityscape to refresh your memory of the 'OLD world', I hope you like them.

OK, now we know WHY you're one of the good guys.

I always thought that HK was nothing but apartment and office buildings until my nephew came back with a video of the lush green hills. What an eye-opener that was.
Thanks for understanding

Without those country sides, city life will be highly miserable. 7 million people living in a 300+ (including rough mountain areas and many small outlying islands, not suitable for inhabitation)sq miles small area:-(

There are many places which we can do hiking, some are dangerous (accidents do happen)and physical demanding. Most are easy family based hiking routes.

'OLD world'

'Family Based Hiking route'

These pics were taken when I first brought the K100D Super, so please give allowance to my PP problems (RAW was a new world to me, before I only used it for ordering steaks) and camera usage skill.