Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Posted By: Workingdog, 11-28-2013, 11:20 AM

Something to warm me up on a cold day.

Last edited by Workingdog; 12-22-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Views: 840
11-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #2

Happy Thanksgiving right back at you, nice shot.
11-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
What time would like me to come around to help you with that task, as I notice the seal has already been broken.
11-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Might be just the thing, as our plans got sidetracked by a broken-down car. So no feast-makings in the house (we had planned to go out), stuck here, had to settle for pasta. It was good, but it wasn't nearly the same as dressing-and-gravy (my favorite part of this annual ritual). <sigh> Well, after the mechanic has emptied my bank account tomorrow maybe we'll throw ourselves on the mercy of someone with leftovers...

Nevertheless, hope everyone's Turkey Day was terrific!

11-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Roomie went to Mom's with her GF so Thanksgiving was just me and Dad. We were supposed to go out, on him, but he just didn't feel up to it. He had a bad week, shrug. He's got some health issues of late and I wasn't into going without him. My local Winn-Dixie had lemon pepper/honey orange turkey breasts already cooked for $5.99 a lb so I bought a small lemon pepper breast, got some Bisto sides, stuffing and sweet potatoes, made a small green bean casserole and got some crescent rolls, cranberry gel, pie and whipped cream from Publix. All I had to so was nuke the sides, do the rolls, throw the casserole in for 40 mins, make some gravy and some honey cinnamon butter and I was done. Easiest Thanksgiving ever, and it was actually tasty. Winn-Dixie makes a decent turkey breast and those Bistro sides were actually pretty good. The sweet potatoes even had brown sugar and pecans. Turkey was just a little dryer than mine but it was pretty good anyway and I got no complaints from Dad or the cats. He actually ate a decent meal, for once. The cats, girl cat enjoyed but nibbled daintily as is her want, but kitten face he ate his weight almost in turkey I think, lol. First Thanksgiving was a definitely a hit with the little boy Siamese...
11-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Nevertheless, hope everyone's Turkey Day was terrific!
It was.We did in a 22lb turkey, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing , corn casserole, green beans, rolls, pie and a gingerbread roll stuffed with cream cheese.
The best part was our son and daughter along with their families, and a nephew and his family were all able to be here.
11-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
What time would like me to come around to help you with that task, as I notice the seal has already been broken.
My husband will be right behind you if he doesn't trample you first. He loves single malt.
We had a lovely Thanksgiving with friends and family. Everybody brought something for the table so no one had to do much work. Of course, no leftovers to take home but you can't have everything.

11-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Now I'm jealous. Ardbeg is my favorite, but all I can find is the 10 year old stuff.
11-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
all I can find is the 10 year old stuff
If you can find it the Ardbeg Alligator is a bit special.