Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Another walk-around - My neighborhood
Lens: 18-55 WR Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Long Beach CA ISO: 100 
Posted By: SpecialK, 11-30-2013, 07:14 PM

Went out again with just the 18-55 WR, in my immediate neighborhood.

This leaf somehow got trapped in my screen door some time ago, and I thought it was kind of nice. I'll probably pull it out, soon.

I used to park on the street, and if I took a day off, I'd normally forget to move my car for the street cleaner and get a ticket. I now park in a designated spot without issue.

There's a sidewalk in there somewhere.

Sometimes the birds are noisy. They often left droppings on my car until I had the opportunity to change to a parking spot without the TV cable over it.

Long Beach airport is nearby and the private plane approach is pretty close.

A professional building.

The coin-op laundry.

Until a few months ago, this was a martial arts school.

The Post Office. I pay all but 2 bills online.

Hardware.

Mural representing the oil business, and maybe the aerospace business (McDonnell-Douglas, Grumman and Boeing...)

Looks like some barrel distortion...

Used book-store. I got a couple good deals.

Could use some water?

Gym sign. Cirivello's is the sports-bar for football, loud music, and loud drunks...

Several sculptures are around the area.

Panvimarn is the local restaurant which I have not quite decided to try, though I will someday.

I've been here.

The holiday season has arrived.

Commercial establishments.

The real estate building, reflecting another pale building.

The park across the street has this pond with a rock pile in the middle that has turtles and a bird or two on it from time to time.

The yum-yum tree.

The alley.

Last edited by SpecialK; 11-30-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Views: 1,643
11-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #2

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the walk around your 'hood. I really enjoyed it. Sadly, I suspect the plant that could use some water has already seen it's best before date.
12-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thank you for the walk around. I'm using the kit lens these days--travelling in the Middle East--and keep thinking how great a lens this little guy is. Light, small, very sharp at f8-11. Not a low light lens, but excellent for walk arounds.
12-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice display of the homestead.

12-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
Sadly, I suspect the plant that could use some water has already seen it's best before date.
As is the Monty Python skit "is no more", "has ceased to be", "bereft of life, it rests in peace"? I think you are right.

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Light, small, very sharp at f8-11. Not a low light lens, but excellent for walk arounds.
I have a Sigma 17-70 I bought used for walking around, but this lens is not so bad :-)

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice display of the homestead.
It has a bit of character as it is not buried in rows and rows of residential blocks.