Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Edmonton in November
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 iis Photo Location: Edmonton, Alberta 
Posted By: daacon, 11-30-2013, 08:21 PM

You think from some of my recent posts it's all snow and cold up here eh ? Well here's some other parts of the city I'll show ya ...

click on image twice for larger view

#1 - Let's head to the desert portion ..... some cacti

#2 - dried out wood

#3 just missed a tumbleweed

#4 -ahhh you may have suspected this is all inside one of the pyramids at the Muttart Conservatory

#5 - after a quick visit I went outside to see if I could go for a river ride , back to reality .....

Views: 837
11-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Pentaxian

You had me fooled for a minute there, Dave. No joke, my uncle's front yard looks just like those first three.
11-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I looked at the first and thought "What", he must of gone to Vegas or something, that's not up your way. I was curious what was inside the pyramids you have shown photos of in the past, that is a great display they have.
11-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's a great place to visit, Dave. My daughter and her husband live in Edmonton.

12-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thought you had sneaked down to Texas to see Jer, Dave.
12-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
Pentaxian

You were doing the "let's go to someplace we can pretend we're in a tropical jungle" thing weren't you? And it's only November, think what it's going to feel like in February. Very nice images in any case, are you working on a travel brochure for the place? I'm ready to get in my car and go.
12-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
You had me fooled for a minute there, Dave. No joke, my uncle's front yard looks just like those first three.
Thanks Ian I suspect some of this is very familiar landscape to you.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I looked at the first and thought "What", he must of gone to Vegas or something, that's not up your way. I was curious what was inside the pyramids you have shown photos of in the past, that is a great display they have.
haha nope thanks Bob (we are getting away next week wahoooooooooooo! ) that is just one of the 4 pyramids , I'll show the other shortly.

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
That's a great place to visit, Dave. My daughter and her husband live in Edmonton.
Thanks Canada_Rockies - it's a great wedding photography place and yeah a nice spot to get out of the cold for sure.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Thought you had sneaked down to Texas to see Jer, Dave.
haah thanks Susan perhaps one day - but not yesterday.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You were doing the "let's go to someplace we can pretend we're in a tropical jungle" thing weren't you? And it's only November, think what it's going to feel like in February. Very nice images in any case, are you working on a travel brochure for the place? I'm ready to get in my car and go.
Yeah winter seems to be starting earlier and earlier this is the first year in a long time we are getting away in December instead of the usual Jan / Feb hope it won't' be too long.

12-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote

Yeah winter seems to be starting earlier and earlier this is the first year in a long time we are getting away in December instead of the usual Jan / Feb hope it won't' be too long.
What, you're going to drive over and visit us? Bring your 4 wheel drive, you won't be getting up our hill in any 2 wheel drive vehicle, at least not with all this snow.
12-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
What, you're going to drive over and visit us? Bring your 4 wheel drive, you won't be getting up our hill in any 2 wheel drive vehicle, at least not with all this snow.
haha yeah snow warning here today as well - we are eastward bound indeed however , it's considerably south of you where we will be embarking on a big ass 'boat' with some relatives to experience our first cruise. 4 wheel drives not needed - may need a BCD and a regulator , sunscreen and red solo cups
12-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Youch!! As Bob can attest, cacti go out of their way to penetrate my flesh - I'm glad these are tucked safely away up in your neck of the woods.

Jer
12-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Youch!! As Bob can attest, cacti go out of their way to penetrate my flesh - I'm glad these are tucked safely away up in your neck of the woods.
Jer
Thanks Jer did not get pricked once !