Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A bird and a flower
Posted By: Mr Hyde, 04-04-2008, 11:55 AM

I thought I'd use a more "Bare Bones" title this time.....

This dove has laid a few eggs in a hanging flower basket on my front porch. We all walk by it every day and most of the time the dove will not spook and fly away. The flower is in front of my house. the water drops are coutesy of a spring shower.

Last edited by Mr Hyde; 01-21-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Views: 1,353
04-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Both very well done Scott - detail is great. I am suprised the Dove does not treat you as a potential threat - must be very use to people. Love the angle on the flower as well.
04-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Igilligan

Beautiful dove shot... My little ones are oowing and awing over it. How nice to see that up so close. Wonderful colors on both shots.

After the seagulls incident I can see why you did not use "When Doves Cry"!
04-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Both very well done Scott - detail is great. I am suprised the Dove does not treat you as a potential threat - must be very use to people. Love the angle on the flower as well.
Thanks. The dove is sitting on the flower basket about 3 feet from my front door. At first, the dove would fly away every time someone can in or out of the door. Now, it just sits there and watches us pass by. I was about 3 feet from it when I took this shot.

For the Daffodil shot I had to lay on the wet ground. I guess it was worth it

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Beautiful dove shot... My little ones are oowing and awing over it. How nice to see that up so close. Wonderful colors on both shots.

After the seagulls incident I can see why you did not use "When Doves Cry"!
Thanks. I'm glad your little ones appriciated the photo.

You're right about the seagull thing.... I learned my lesson

04-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

nice photos!
is it just me or is the bird really fat
04-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Both shots are very nice Scott. Doves are funny birds. They will nest right on your porch and not mind people walking by close. I've had more than one neighbor with nesting doves on their porch in a potted plant. Still seeems quite odd to me!