Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Birds of the day...
Lens: Sigma 70-300 macro Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Whitney, Ontario, Canada ISO: 800 Aperture: F8 
Posted By: normhead, 12-03-2013, 12:51 PM

It's always interesting sitting in the blind, until I freeze my tush. I generally sit until something get's cold, then come in and process. Here are today's customers.

Downey woodpecker

Goldfinch

Chickadee

Blue Jay

Last edited by normhead; 12-04-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Views: 628
12-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #2

Nice series, enjoyed viewing.
12-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's always interesting sitting in the blind, until I freeze my tush. I generally sit until something get's cold, then come in ad process. Here are today's customers.

Downey woodpecker

Goldfinch

Chickadee

Blue Jay

Thank you for sharing! Beautiful pictures.

There is a whole world there that can only be seen through good pictures.
12-04-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Lovely shots thanks - stay warm.

12-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #5
jac
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lovely shots, Norm. I could put up a station with a feeder but all we have at this time of the year is ravens and they would peck it apart, looking for something better inside. They've figured out that if something is wrapped-up, humans must be hiding something great to eat
12-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jjdog2 Quote
Nice series, enjoyed viewing.
Thanks for commenting

QuoteOriginally posted by Inexorable Quote
Thank you for sharing! Beautiful pictures.

There is a whole world there that can only be seen through good pictures.
True, it's a world that goes by very quickly,

QuoteOriginally posted by am1wayfarer Quote
Lovely shots thanks - stay warm.
Thanks for commenting...

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Lovely shots, Norm. I could put up a station with a feeder but all we have at this time of the year is ravens and they would peck it apart, looking for something better inside. They've figured out that if something is wrapped-up, humans must be hiding something great to eat
We have crows, not ravens for some reason, and they are very shy, the feeders are on a deck. SOmetimes we catch a glimpse of the crows below deck level, picking up seeds off the ground. But as soon as we get a glimpse, they are gone.
12-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like the contrast of colours and sharp detail against that subdued background. Not sure if I would like sitting out there myself though.
12-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
I like the contrast of colours and sharp detail against that subdued background. Not sure if I would like sitting out there myself though.
As long as you're about 5'10" you could just put on my gear and you'd be warm as toast. The hardest thing about sitting in the blind is working the ball head and getting your eye against the eyepiece while sitting down. SLRs were't really made to be used sitting on a chair with a tripod. If the birds are there for a while I often spook them because I have to sit up and stretch. And since the blind is on my deck, when I get bored, I come in and process. My computer is 15 feet away. I can always go back out if I don't have something interesting. Earlier in the year , I used to sit out there with my iPad, and surf the forum while waiting for birds to turn up.

12-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful series Norm. You have really gotten the hang of bird photography. I love that first goldfinch. His posture is so perfect and the background makes his rather dull winter feathers stand out.
12-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #10
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Wonderful series Norm. You have really gotten the hang of bird photography. I love that first goldfinch. His posture is so perfect and the background makes his rather dull winter feathers stand out.
Thanks slowpez, it was a tough day with the goldfinches. They are the only birds that seem to mind the urch urch of the Sigma 70-300 screw drive. But I did manage a few shots.