Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread

Become an instant Highlander, "There can be only one"
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 12-08-2013, 05:18 AM

No French accent required, Christopher Lambert need not apply.

Attached Images

Views: 1,904
12-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Aye but it's been a while since he lived here, he used to live in Marbella, Spain, near a golf course where he played daily when not filming. He left following disagreements with the local press, and now resides in the Bahamas where he plays golf much less frequently.

12-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Aye but it's been a while since he lived here
Y'all should get him to buy Boleskin House... (BTW, Glaswegian boy-made-good here in the States, Craig Ferguson, has the definitive routine on the dueling accents there on the set of Highlander.)
12-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Dang, if I wore that thing down here in Texas, I'm afraid I might get . . . . . . . . . . kilt.

Jer
That is bad, Jer

Richard.
12-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This says: Hey tourists, come spend your money and look like us!!! Reality is your average Scotsman is probably more likely found with Levi's on!!

12-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #20
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
get him to buy Boleskin House...
That's just across the Loch from me, Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) did once own the place.

One night in a wee bar in Inverness called the Market Bar, two blokes call Bob and Jim played an impromptu acoustic set.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 12-09-2013 at 02:25 PM.
12-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Hey tourists, come spend your money and look like us!!!
We can't get all our revenue from just whisky sales alone.
12-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
two blokes call Bob and Jim played an impromptu acoustic set.
Ha, Robert Plant's "gone country" these days, so I'll have to keep an ear to the ground in case he shows up in my neighborhood. (And while no doubt he's lost a step these days, I doubt I'd go telling the wife if he did.)

Speaking of Americans in Scotland, I will admit to harboring a Braveheart fantasy of being welcomed home by my kin, especially since I'm a ginger who's nearly two meters tall and 20 stone. Of course I stepped off the plane at GLA and didn't see anybody who didn't look like Colin Farrell. I made some earnest inquiries, but the only answer I kept getting was, "Ha'e ye tried Norway, mate?"

12-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
That is bad, Jer

Richard.
Yeah, buddy, I reached new depths with this one, which gives me great satisfaction .

Jer
12-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #24
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Dang, if I wore that thing down here in Texas, I'm afraid I might get . . . . . . . . . . kilt.
That is bad, Jer
Yeah, buddy, I reached new depths with this one, which gives me great satisfaction

My imagery always brings out the best in folk.
12-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Actually looks like the costumes for the San Francisco stage adaptation of Braveheart the Musical!
12-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #26
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Braveheart the Musical
Thought of that, is enough to make anyone "Take the High Road"
12-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is that shop in Embra? In the late 60s / early 70s my ex wife (young love and all that) worked in a shop like that in Embra. Her father was the provost marshal for Scotland and NI based in the Castle. They lived at Craigiehall. Magic place. You only had to walk for 5 minutes from their house on the estate to reach the river Almond. The river valley was full of ancient ruins. You could walk for a bit and get to Cramond, Beautiful place. Anyway, her father was English and her mother was Italian and she had a perfect Sloan Ranger drawl. Not what you'd expect in a kilt shop

Richard.
12-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #28
Veteran Member

her father was English
Probably put there to keep the locals from revolting... Again!!
12-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #29
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Is that shop in Embra
Aye upon the High Street just along from St Giles' Cathedral, where you can really fleece the tourist.