Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Playing with Photoshop
Posted By: Eaglerapids, 04-06-2008, 07:19 AM

You hear a lot about the flare control of the 31 Limited and I've seen it in a few shots but I had a chance last evening to really put it to the test with this photo.

I'd say it lives up to it's reputation admirably:-). This photo has a very minor crop, otherwise it's straight out of the camera (developed and resized, of course)

A few weeks ago I picked up Scott Kelby's 7-Point system for Adobe Photoshop. To me this is an incredible book because in each lesson he goes through each of his steps when he develops his photos and how he fixes various problems. I have other Photoshop books but this is the first one that takes the features of the program and shows you how to apply them in a logical manner. I also got Matt Kloskowski's new Layers book (signed!) which is also very, very nice.
Anyway, as an exercise using Lesson 4 in Kelby's book, I came up with this photo from the one above.

These aren't going to win any awards, I know, I'm just posting some examples.
BUT, does anybody like them?:-) Or are blown highlights blown highlights.
I know if I have to ask, they don't work.

Last edited by Eaglerapids; 04-06-2008 at 07:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Views: 1,107
04-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like #1 very much - I would like the 31 but here in Cancukland it is over $1k so it has moved down ont the want chart haha - #2 is cool as an exercise but does not really do anything for me.

Scott Kelby is a great author - have one of his PS books - I think I will look for one you mention. He has a great writng style.