Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Birds of the day...
Lens: A-400 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Whitney, Ontario, Canada ISO: 800 Aperture: F8 
Posted By: normhead, 12-13-2013, 10:07 AM

2013-12-13
Camera: Pentax K-3
Lens: Pentax SMC A-400mm
ISO- 800
Aperture: ƒ8
Shutter: AV mode, shutter speeds 1/1000 1/3000

The day starts shooting through the kitchen window , birds out in the maple trees apparently eating seeds.

And a woodpecker on a tree.

Then moving outside. It's minus 20 today, even in full outdoor gear, it was chilly.

The male Purple Finches went straight to the feeders, I couldn't get any pictures of them anywhere else.

The females were more co-operative…

We also had a group of Goldfinches there as well.

And even a rodent.

Thanks for dropping by...
Views: 671
12-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some very nice ones. I like the rodent - partial to rodents - and the jay. Guess I like pesky beasts. The woodpecker and the finch are especially nice, too.
Thanks for sharing.
12-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jford Quote
Some very nice ones. I like the rodent - partial to rodents - and the jay. Guess I like pesky beasts. The woodpecker and the finch are especially nice, too.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, I would have said squ1rrel, but Rupert scans threads for the word. ( I wonder if he scans threads for the word Rupert?)
The thing with squ1rrels is, they eat food we put out for the birds… I guess maybe I should be feeding the squirrels.
The Jays are like the rodents, they chase the other critters away, squabble among themselves, eat way more food than the smaller birds…

Life observing the feeder is never boring.
12-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That definitely is a fine, sharp shot of a nicely illuminated rodent. And jays know when they are stealing; they get that crest-down, sneaky look about them.

12-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
That definitely is a fine, sharp shot of a nicely illuminated rodent. And jays know when they are stealing; they get that crest-down, sneaky look about them.
The rodent only comes when he's really hungry, we have three dogs, its not a rodent friendly environment, so when he's brave enough o come up on the porch, I always let him have a snack, but we don't want him living here. The jays were hatched in the woods right behind here, nothing sneaky about them, they feel entitled. In their opinion, we are their humans and we are obligated by all the powers invested in them by Jaydom to feed them when they are hungry.

Thanks for commenting.