Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Night Photography in DC
Lens: SMC Pentax-DA 1:3.5-5.6 18-55mm AL II Camera: Pentax K20D Photo Location: Washington, DC ISO: 100 
Posted By: cardinal43, 12-17-2013, 09:04 AM

A couple of weeks ago, a group of about 20 fellow photographers (3 of us are Pentaxians) from my photo club ventured into Washington, DC for a night photography session. Man, it was colder than a grave diggers butt at midnight (mid-teens wind chill), and the wind coming off the Tidal Basin was brutal. All shots were with a K20D and the 18-55mm II kit lens. Hadn't used this lens in a while and decided to use it the whole evening as I don't have anything wider. Maybe Santa will be good to me this year. Hope you enjoy.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Views: 1,118
12-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
Pentaxian

very nice shots of my fair city, thanks! Shows that the K20D is still a very capable camera, even in low light conditions, and proves that in the right hands, the 18-55 kit lens can produce great results too.
12-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That first shot especially is perfect for nighttime photography. Great job.
12-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice - there's something magic about DC at night and you've captured that well.

Jer

12-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
very nice shots of my fair city, thanks! Shows that the K20D is still a very capable camera, even in low light conditions, and proves that in the right hands, the 18-55 kit lens can produce great results too.
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
That first shot especially is perfect for nighttime photography. Great job.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Very nice - there's something magic about DC at night and you've captured that well.

Jer
Thanks for commenting, and sorry for the late response. For the first time in many years the flu bug finally bit me hard and I haven't done much of anything, but feeling OK now. Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
12-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tom, that is a wonderful set of images and it proves it again, it's not the camera or lens but who is behind it. Thanks for showing us.
12-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tom, really enjoyed viewing these, we visited a couple of times but during the day and your photos really bring out the beauty