Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
New wheels
Posted By: vdubbin099, 04-06-2008, 05:15 PM

I decided since I just put my new wheels on my car it would be a perfect opportunity to take some pics and try out a photoshop technique of moving the light around. C&C is appreciated, thanks.








Views: 1,299
04-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 152
Original Poster
No comments on any of the pics? I wondering more about what people think about the lighting or the changing of light(added light to the car in the first 2 and took away from the right and left sides), than about what the pic is of.
04-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 2,030
I love the last shot for it's artistic feel. The angle is very cool and would make for a great spot to shoot from.

The top two are too far away to make your car really pop. I love the car and the new wheels BTW. You need to have a hardcore shoot with your baby here sometime.
04-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
Forum Member
Oceanic's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 65
Love Audis..good call on 5 spokes =)

04-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Edmonton Alberta, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,648
I agree with chris. The 3rd shot is very good. The first 2 are far to distant from the car and actually make the car look odd. The front wheel looks like it's too big for the car (like it's 2 feet wide and sticking out too far).

Very nice car and great new wheels Btw.
04-08-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,831
Yep concur with others - too far to accent the wheels , but they are nice shots.
04-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Keswick, England
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,134
Try a close up of the wheel or rim or whatever its called, I dont drive so dont know. If your focus is to show off the wheel then you need to get a bit closer. Nice car though and the 3rd shot is super (shame about the building in the background though)
04-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: nyc
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 564
did not like the wheels seeing them in the first two shots, but in the third, they really worked for me. think as codiac said, its the angle and presentation.

as for the technique....im a totally clueless photoshop person, so i don't know if the images were already manipulated, or if one is untouched. not really sure what it does, so that part is lost on me.

but def. thumbs up on shot 3. love audis

04-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: High Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 571
Nice car, I like the last shot a lot. You might try opening you aperture some to blur the building in the back ground.
04-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #10
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 152
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
I love the last shot for it's artistic feel. The angle is very cool and would make for a great spot to shoot from.

The top two are too far away to make your car really pop. I love the car and the new wheels BTW. You need to have a hardcore shoot with your baby here sometime.
Thanks for the comments I didn't really notice how small the car actually looks in the pictures, I'm hoping once it warms up a little more to do real shoot of my car.


QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I agree with chris. The 3rd shot is very good. The first 2 are far to distant from the car and actually make the car look odd. The front wheel looks like it's too big for the car (like it's 2 feet wide and sticking out too far).

Very nice car and great new wheels Btw.
Good point I didnt even realize it, I should have turned the wheel the other way because it does almost look like it is sticking out of the car.




QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
did not like the wheels seeing them in the first two shots, but in the third, they really worked for me. think as codiac said, its the angle and presentation.

as for the technique....im a totally clueless photoshop person, so i don't know if the images were already manipulated, or if one is untouched. not really sure what it does, so that part is lost on me.

but def. thumbs up on shot 3. love audis

Here are the orginal shots to compare them to what I did for "moving the light" around to make it darker and lighter in some areas.



Orginal




Photoshoped





Orginal




Photoshoped












Thanks everyone for the comments, they really do help me take better pics
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo, wheels
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Streets shop on wheels tokyoso Post Your Photos! 0 02-14-2010 07:43 AM
Misc Some wheels wllm Post Your Photos! 1 11-21-2009 07:38 AM
Hot Wheels all around Woods12 Monthly Photo Contests 0 05-29-2009 10:53 PM
Seals on Wheels Mike Cash Post Your Photos! 0 12-15-2007 08:21 PM
Wings and Wheels J.Scott General Talk 0 06-22-2007 03:43 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top