Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Don't Overdo It!
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 original Photo Location: Texas- Woods of Otis ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Rupert, 12-17-2013, 09:59 PM

It's easy to overeat this time of year, all the great food, pies, ice cream, cookies........Take a lesson from Otis. He just got back from his Christmas vacation in the Bahamas where he hosted a meeting of the Worldwide Army of Squirrels. Apparently they had a 24 hour buffet and he used every hour to stuff his little tummy with delicious delicacies......

Look at the pain on that little face, and clutching his tummy where the heartburn is eating away at his fat little belly.



How can you lead your Army when you look like a butterball and waddle like a duck?



"Yeah, but it was soooo good, just thinking of it puts a smile on my face!"



I hope I don't end up like Otis, but we all know how hard it is to resist at Christmas!

Regards! Merry Christmas from Otis to all his friends here at PF!
Views: 866
12-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 40,541
Nice crisp sharp shots..................Well done.
12-18-2013, 03:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member
AussieTrev's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,590
Looks like I feel, ate too much, again.
12-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
jac
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clyde River, Nunavut, Canada
Posts: 2,364
Glad to see that Otis has been nearby to support you in your recovery, Rupert. I'm sure he's been a big help, cleaning out the feeders and what.

12-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Canis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Columbia, Maryland
Posts: 432
These are great! You captured the Squirrel smile on the last shot perfectly. I think you have all the critters actually posing for you!
12-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,420
Great images there Rupert… that is one happy looking squirrel.
12-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Forum Member
jesssss's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Appalachia
Posts: 55
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It's easy to overeat this time of year, all the great food, pies, ice cream, cookies........Take a lesson from Otis. He just got back from his Christmas vacation in the Bahamas where he hosted a meeting of the Worldwide Army of Squirrels. Apparently they had a 24 hour buffet and he used every hour to stuff his little tummy with delicious delicacies......

Look at the pain on that little face, and clutching his tummy where the heartburn is eating away at his fat little belly.



How can you lead your Army when you look like a butterball and waddle like a duck?



"Yeah, but it was soooo good, just thinking of it puts a smile on my face!"



I hope I don't end up like Otis, but we all know how hard it is to resist at Christmas!

Regards! Merry Christmas from Otis to all his friends here at PF!
Hey Rupert! I haven't been around in a while (flickr/dpreview/here) and this is the first thing I see when I come back. Mazel tov to me, I think it's a sign that I've come to the right place.

12-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,914
Joyeux Noel as they say en francais eh ...great shots, just got back myself from 10 days all you can eat whenever you wanted to eat it .... I know the feeling.
12-18-2013, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Nice crisp sharp shots..................Well done.
Thanks Eaglem, appreciated!

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Looks like I feel, ate too much, again.
Yes, we all know the feeling!

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Glad to see that Otis has been nearby to support you in your recovery, Rupert. I'm sure he's been a big help, cleaning out the feeders and what.
Otis has made sure Mrs Rupert has kept every feeder full, and threatened to break my other foot if she didn't!

QuoteOriginally posted by Canis Quote
These are great! You captured the Squirrel smile on the last shot perfectly. I think you have all the critters actually posing for you!
The squirrels love to pose.....and it only costs peanuts for them to model for me!

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Great images there Rupertů that is one happy looking squirrel.
Nothing like what you shoot Norm, you're the best at wildlife......Otis says he wants to come live with you where he can get a shooter that will "do his handsome face justice".

QuoteOriginally posted by jesssss Quote
Hey Rupert! I haven't been around in a while (flickr/dpreview/here) and this is the first thing I see when I come back. Mazel tov to me, I think it's a sign that I've come to the right place.
Well, I'm glad I posted it ........Otis will be too....while some of you are Otis fans, you guys are his favorites too......he asks every day...."Can we go to PF....and check the NSFW photos first?"

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Joyeux Noel as they say en francais eh ...great shots, just got back myself from 10 days all you can eat whenever you wanted to eat it .... I know the feeling.
Isn't life wonderful Dave, when there is an open buffet 24/7!!!

Best Regards from me...and of course Otis and his Army of Squirrels.
12-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 171
Very nice! I love all your squirrel shots, they really look good.
I have a couple of those critters in my backyard, but they won't let me get
close enough for a decent pic. It probably doesn't help that my Aussie stands
under the trees raising heck at them.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
army, camera, christmas, flickr, hour, otis, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Night I don't get it... slr_neophyte Photo Critique 41 01-30-2013 03:56 PM
Macro Don't wrap it.....Just snack it! eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 01-03-2013 07:53 AM
Nature Don't Do It Otis! Rupert Post Your Photos! 3 07-21-2012 03:04 PM
Travel Don't even think about it! ismaelg Post Your Photos! 2 06-23-2012 03:48 PM
People Don't Do It! Rupert Post Your Photos! 14 05-17-2012 06:09 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top