Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dull day dog walk.
Lens: DA 18-135 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Whitney, Ontario, Canada ISO: 800 
Posted By: normhead, 12-19-2013, 11:09 AM

It doesn't matter what kind of day it is, the Border Collie and the Australian Shepherd need their exercise.

Strapping on the snow shoes…

Always one little stick fight.

Dreamer is always close behind, a half step away. At least he's learned not to step on the back of the snow shoes.

The wolf meadow.. a few nights ago 3 wolves slept in small depressions beside the path. The dogs are still quite interested in the smells.

From time to time there are tall old trees.

There are still a few leaves around , clinging to branches.

Misty has snow balls hanging from her fur like Christmas tree ornaments.

Trippper dashes through the woods. We see him running, but we have no idea why he's running.

Beech Tree corners, always inspire a Beach Leaf image.

Almost home, Tripper stops to lick the ice balls from his paws

Views: 1,865
12-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Trippper dashes through the woods. We see him running, but we have no idea why he's running.
He's a dog, that's why! Do they really need a reason?

Great series. It's great to see how the dogs do way up north. Not so much dust up there.
12-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
He's a dog, that's why! Do they really need a reason?

Great series. It's great to see how the dogs do way up north. Not so much dust up there.
Ya he probably wonders what I'm going sitting on chair staring at a light. He probably thinks I'm possessed.

This time of year dust is not the problem. Snow on the floor when the dogs start dropping those snow balls around the house, is the theme of the day.
12-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It doesn't matter that it's snowing, the dogs will still love their walk and play time.

12-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, it looks like everyone got their exercises and had fun to boot, doesn't get any better than that. Some very nice images Norm, thanks for showing us.
12-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Very nice series. My favourite....the second photo...two dogs having a stick fight. That photo has almost a 3D effect.
12-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Well, it looks like everyone got their exercises and had fun to boot, doesn't get any better than that. Some very nice images Norm, thanks for showing us.
Thanks for commenting Heirich...

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Very nice series. My favourite....the second photo...two dogs having a stick fight. That photo has almost a 3D effect.
Every now and then even hand held, everything comes together and you see what the lens/camera combination can do.

12-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nicely done..
12-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a dogs life isn't it, really great photos showing what must be your daily schedule. If you simply open the door and not hike with the pups will they go on their own or are you part of their fun on the strolls?
12-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dane.dawg Quote
Nicely done..
Thanks dane

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
It's a dogs life isn't it, really great photos showing what must be your daily schedule. If you simply open the door and not hike with the pups will they go on their own or are you part of their fun on the strolls?
The dogs go where we go. With a woods full of bears, wolves and other dangers, they don't often venture off the property, even when we leave them out. If they're going to have a walk, we're going to take them. You can tell when we're close to the wolves on the walks, because we're stepping on dogs. They stay so close it's hard to walk. They all know where the property line is. During the day they may lay out in the parking lot or back yard, but never on their own for more than a half hour or so. The little one still takes off to visit the neighbours on occasion, but she gets the "what fer" when she gets back, and it's happening less and less.
12-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Nice shots, makes me miss the days we lived in a climate that actually had winters.
12-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Nice shots, makes me miss the days we lived in a climate that actually had winters.
Well, you can always come back and visit you know...
12-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah, but do you treasure the downtime, in the winter, when it is quiet?...

I do miss having a dog (or in my younger days, the working dogs) and being able to go for a good long walk in the bush/farm.
However, no wolves/coyotes/bears/moose to worry about though. No poison ivy, either!
12-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Well done Norm , I think these dogs add years to our life and so much on a daily basis.
12-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Ah, but do you treasure the downtime, in the winter, when it is quiet?...

I do miss having a dog (or in my younger days, the working dogs) and being able to go for a good long walk in the bush/farm.
However, no wolves/coyotes/bears/moose to worry about though. No poison ivy, either!
There is poison ivy to the east of us, ( I got some last last summer on a canoe trip, after rushing over to tell a vacationing father his kids were in it) but not around here.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Well done Norm , I think these dogs add years to our life and so much on a daily basis.
I definitely get more exercise than I would without them.