Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Better Macros..
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 04-06-2008, 09:48 PM

Ok gang.. here are a couple of the better macro's that I did the other day... I am really liking my little "bargain" Lens..

IMO these are a couple of the best pictures I have taken thus far... I hope you enjoy them!!!

These are of Lilly's of the Valley... These little things are no bigger then the end of your pinky finger..

Thanks,, Kim
Views: 2,827
04-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks everyone...

QuoteOriginally posted by gpaual Quote
well done Kim, nice exposure....like #1 alot.
Thanks Grant I am glad that you liked it.... #1 is my moms favorite as well...

QuoteOriginally posted by Gadget_Guy Quote
Very nice work! I love macro done well... and these are done very well. D.
Thanks so much Gadget guy.... I am glad you enjoyed them!!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Good work Kim I like #2 the best , framing and subject are very nice. 'tis Macro season and you have an excellent start
QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
Nicely done. #2 is my favorite. That 'bargain' lens gives some very nice shots.
Thank you Frank and Dave.... #2 is my favorite shot as well.. Im thinkin I am going to enjoy macro season.. I was very fortunate to run across my lens .... I think it has well earned it little ol 25.00 bucks already..!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
You really got a nice little macro lens there! I like #2 best and can't wait to see what else you will be posting soon
Be careful what you wish for Rosemary!!! LOL.. Glad you enjoyed them...

Thanks everyone for your kind words and comments.. I really do appreciate it!!!

Kim

04-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
purple background

QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
Lovely shots! They have such a smooth, buttery feel while still retaining much detail.
I like your explanation Hamid... Smooth and buttery.. ..... thanks for the kind words... I am glad you enjoyed the pics..

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Very nice Kim. I don't know how you got the purple color in the background of the first image but I really like it a lot.
Glad you liked them LaRee.. Actually the purple in the background of #1 is a hyacinth blossom.... The plants were next to each other and I didnt want to use the old dirty wall as a background so chose it instead!!

QuoteOriginally posted by sajmmiller Quote
Very nice Kim! I really like the background color in the first one. Very good find on your new lens.
Thanks Scott... the purple did work well... To bad they are not complimentary thought...

Thanks again everyone!!!
04-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I love the first one Kim! The blue real contrasts well with the flower. Try moving the angle better so you get more blue and seperate the whole image. It would be neat to see what you get.
04-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #19
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You are making great use of that excellent bargin find. It's a nice lens and you seem to be picking up the technique very quickly. The first shot is the best. As Chris said you can do a lot with the image by slight angle changes. This is one tool where you really need to look at the entire image in the viewfinder before firing the shutter. I don't know how many times I've gotten film back from the store and thought, Damn it! I wish I had noticed that bit of crap in the left corner!

I posted on the other Macro thread here:https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/24622-macro-boredom-bell...tml#post214732
the idea that you can take the new lens you have (without the filter) and attach it to a bellows as well for even more macro fun. So next time you are at a yard sale, keep your eye out for a K mount bellows.

04-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I will give'r a try..

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
I love the first one Kim! The blue real contrasts well with the flower. Try moving the angle better so you get more blue and seperate the whole image. It would be neat to see what you get.
SWEET!!! I am glad that you enjoyed the pics Chris!!!

Thanks for the great idea as well.. I asked my mom today if her Lilly's of the Valley and the Hyacinths were still blooming and she said yes.. I usually take my son over to her house on Wednesday so you can bet I will my camera as well!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
You are making great use of that excellent bargin find. It's a nice lens and you seem to be picking up the technique very quickly. The first shot is the best. As Chris said you can do a lot with the image by slight angle changes. This is one tool where you really need to look at the entire image in the viewfinder before firing the shutter. I don't know how many times I've gotten film back from the store and thought, Damn it! I wish I had noticed that bit of crap in the left corner!
Thank you for the kind words Peter!! I will try some more camera angles tomorrow.... Looking at the whole picture is something that I really need to start doing more of.. I have a tendency to only look at my subject and not what surrounds it..... Oh well.. I guess that just means I have to practice more!!!!!!!!! LOL Darn.. I just hate that... NOT>>>

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
So next time you are at a yard sale, keep your eye out for a K mount bellows.
That Bellows was pretty cool.. I noticed it got moved the knowlege database.. that is an excellent place for it.. it was a great write up Peter.. Nice job!! I will definately keep my eye out for one..