Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cruising - Samana, Dominican Republic - Almost
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 iis Photo Location: Southern Caribbean 
Posted By: daacon, 12-21-2013, 06:12 AM

Well the next port of call was suppose to be Samana , Dominican Republic. The seas were a little too rough. It was a tender stop (ie: no docking the boat take the life boats to shore) and our Captain figured the seas were just too rough. Not many shots from the K5 IIs this day (i did have a few more from the PS underwater camera an Olympus Tough T1). I was really looking forward to some hikes here , but c'est la vie here we roll with waves to to speak.

click on image twice for larger view

#1 - This is about as close as we got to shore.

#2 - Time for some games Yahtzee was a popular one

#3 - We had to play shuffleboard on a ship I mean it's classic ! I don't know how these 80 year olds play this game. At least on this ship , the three of us relatively healthy mid 50 years old took all our push power to get that bisquit from one end to the other. It was brutal !

#4 - She was really good on the kettle drum - albeit on day 10 that was enough

#5 - Some of you may remember our Travel companion CK Saunders - he was aboard (as a stowaway) and was partaking in some of the more exotic drinks with us.

#6 - He can't hold his liquor as well as the rest of us so we had to make sure he was hydrated

Views: 861
12-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Another funny and entertaining series Dave. That pour chicken must have a hole in the back of his head or is that his brains leaking
12-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It does look a little rough for a tender trip, ( now, if there would be fishing involved that might be a different story) it looks like fun was had by every one anyway. Nice pictures Dave.
12-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Man, I wish I was you! Livin' large. I'm glad to see CK back on the prowl.

Jer

12-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Enjoy your holidays Dave - well, it looks as if you don't need that advice anyway!
12-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
you just can't beat a series like this with half naked woman, booze and a chicken. It doesn't get any better
12-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a great time by all...even the chicken! Love the shots, they are excellent. We docked at Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic, it was an interesting trip around town, but I think it was the least enjoyable of our 6 port cruise.

Regards! Have fun, don't let the chicken anywhere near the ship chef!

12-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A few white caps aren't rough seas, where are the swells! Should have scolded him. Great series, and it looks like fun. Some day we'll do a cruise, but I want to see birds and ocean life. I love pelagic jaunts. Best, David
12-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Another funny and entertaining series Dave. That pour chicken must have a hole in the back of his head or is that his brains leaking
Thanks Susan I think that was more of a non steady hand pouring

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
It does look a little rough for a tender trip, ( now, if there would be fishing involved that might be a different story) it looks like fun was had by every one anyway. Nice pictures Dave.
Thanks Heinrich - yeah the first few days were very windy and rough seas, we almost did not dock at grand Turk , Captain made two attempts then come over the intercom and said he was going to give it one more go which he was able to.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Man, I wish I was you! Livin' large. I'm glad to see CK back on the prowl.
Jer
haha and I wish I were you Remember I am still in the rat race so we have to get away once in awhile
12-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Enjoy your holidays Dave - well, it looks as if you don't need that advice anyway!
Thanks Norbert - I need lots of advice but generally enjoying myself on vacation is not one of them

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
you just can't beat a series like this with half naked woman, booze and a chicken. It doesn't get any better
haha perfect response my friend.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Looks like a great time by all...even the chicken! Love the shots, they are excellent. We docked at Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic, it was an interesting trip around town, but I think it was the least enjoyable of our 6 port cruise.
Regards! Have fun, don't let the chicken anywhere near the ship chef!
Thanks Rupert I have heard that form others as well - just a shame since we were probably as close as we will ever get (not sure I would back to the Southern Caribbean - so many other places to see). As for the Chicken he was a conversation starter for some, but we did not bring him near the buffet lines just in case