Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some pre-Cruise pictures
Camera: K3 andQ7 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 12-21-2013, 10:16 AM

We left Calgary a few days early and spent them in Fort Lauderdale just being lazy, breakfast by the pool, some shopping, late night dinners....you get the idea.

Vacation starts once you are airborne

This place is not new and sort of rustic but man do they have good seafood.

Views: 1,270
12-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful Henrich ! Our plane was delayed so we did not get into Fort Lauderdale until 01;00 am the day of the cruise so not much time to lookl around We we did stay an extra day when we got back. I loved the place and will likely get there again.
12-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing these Heinrich. Enjoy your holidays!
Just out of curiosity: which cruise ship? My engineers were a little bit involved in the engineering of the propulsion systems of many of theses ships.
12-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very sharp and appelaling photos!

12-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
very nice series of your walk around Heinrich. I like that first photo, fasten your seatbelts and have a glass of Merlot, it could be a bumpy ride .
12-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Nice shots Heinrich.Enjoy your vacation. We get to do it in March.--charliezap
12-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Fine shots of the beginning fun! I am glad to see you enjoying life, we work hard to get here, and time is short, if we can enjoy a little of it we should!
I bought the little Audi TT last Summer so Mrs Rupert and I can tour America by road and just come and go as we please, travel up and down and all around! Then...I fell of that damn roof in September. Spring is coming, I'm going to try and be ready to go!
You enjoy yourself, have fun, see the sights, and entertain us with your fine shots! You have always been one of the best shooters here....fantastic shooting is how I think of you!

Regards!

12-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Who knew that Bass Pro Shops could look so good. Can't wait to see the rest of your trip Heinrich. You and Dave have spent a lot of time on the briny deep the last few weeks.
12-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Beautiful Henrich ! Our plane was delayed so we did not get into Fort Lauderdale until 01;00 am the day of the cruise so not much time to lookl around We we did stay an extra day when we got back. I loved the place and will likely get there again.
Thanks Dave, it is a long plane ride and we wanted time to relax before going on the ship.

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Thanks for sharing these Heinrich. Enjoy your holidays!
Just out of curiosity: which cruise ship? My engineers were a little bit involved in the engineering of the propulsion systems of many of theses ships.
Hi Norbert and thank you. Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, ship is The Allure of the Seas

QuoteOriginally posted by davids8560 Quote
Very sharp and appelaling photos!
Thank you David for the kind comments

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
very nice series of your walk around Heinrich. I like that first photo, fasten your seatbelts and have a glass of Merlot, it could be a bumpy ride .
Thank you Bob, When I am in a new place I sort of like to walk around a bit and at least see something of the place.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Nice shots Heinrich.Enjoy your vacation. We get to do it in March.--charliezap
Thank you Charlie, we sure did.This trip was in the first week of this month.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Fine shots of the beginning fun! I am glad to see you enjoying life, we work hard to get here, and time is short, if we can enjoy a little of it we should!
I bought the little Audi TT last Summer so Mrs Rupert and I can tour America by road and just come and go as we please, travel up and down and all around! Then...I fell of that damn roof in September. Spring is coming, I'm going to try and be ready to go!
You enjoy yourself, have fun, see the sights, and entertain us with your fine shots! You have always been one of the best shooters here....fantastic shooting is how I think of you!

Regards!
Thank you Rupert for the kind words. I hope that you will be able to hit the road come spring, there is nothing better than road tripping. Unfortunately we can't do that anymore, Elly's Osteoarthritis is pretty bad now and that' why we had to quit RVing after 40 plus years but they were good years. Time does indeed go by fast once you pass the big 80.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Who knew that Bass Pro Shops could look so good. Can't wait to see the rest of your trip Heinrich. You and Dave have spent a lot of time on the briny deep the last few weeks.
Hi Susan and thank you. Bass Pro looks indeed good and the attached eatery doesn't do any harm. They have fabulous sea food.

Take care everyone
12-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Looking good Hienrich, this is the closest I'm getting to a cruise until I'm 80 according to Tess.
12-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Looking good Hienrich, this is the closest I'm getting to a cruise until I'm 80 according to Tess.
Thank you Norm and that's all right, I had to wait until I was over the big eight O.

Take care,
12-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #12
Veteran Member

2nd last Heinrich looks to me the pick of the crop,Great to see the eyes have gotten more wiser
To you Heinrich and your family extended and also to all here at this forum ...........Thee forum wish you all the very best at Christ mas and the new Year 14

cheers

Ivan
12-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
2nd last Heinrich looks to me the pick of the crop,Great to see the eyes have gotten more wiser
To you Heinrich and your family extended and also to all here at this forum ...........Thee forum wish you all the very best at Christ mas and the new Year 14

cheers

Ivan
Thank you Ivan and the best for the Christmas season to you and your family.

take care,
12-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Now that's the way to start a trip, Heinrich. Delightful series - now I know how the other half lives.

Jer
12-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Nice!

And we may have crossed paths without knowing, I was in Ft-Lauderdale from Dec 9th to the 12th, and sailed the RC Liberty of the Seas to Cozumel the 12th to the 16th.

I tried something new, only brought my Q with 01, 02 and 06 and my X-100. Left the K5iis kit at home. It was an interesting experience.

BTW I love seeing palm trees with Xmas decorations on them

Pat