Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cruising - Day at Sea
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 iis Photo Location: Caribbean Sea 
Posted By: daacon, 12-22-2013, 06:18 AM

This was suppose to be our first official day at sea , however with the rough water it was our second. To tell you the truth for us (Karen and I) that's about as long as I would like to stay on a ship. I need to get out there and explore.

Click on image twice for larger view

#1 - We start the day with some sunrise shots.

#2 - had to walk all the way to the other side of the ship for these

#3 - My brother in law and I use to play basketball in a men's league out here so we tend to be a bit comptetive. He played the wind and rolls way better than I did and kicked my ass in 3 straight games of 21. The advange of being older is rather than get upset we went for drinks

#4 - The girls get involved in some pool olympics. Here my two sister in laws are passing the noodle rather well I might add

#4 - My wife was on the other side (the winning team) shown here in the Hula Hoop passing contest.

#5 - My bother in law tossing the bean bag for a grand prize of a deck of cards

#6 - I like to call this one Chicks with Sticks pushing Biscuits

#7 - Time to grab a few sunset shots

#8 - Just off our balcony

#9 - Our first formal night. There were 3 in total. I got dressed up more on this cruise than I have over the last 10 years. Of course my ever resourcfull wife always has some props and costumes to make it a little more fun and these Tuxedo vests fit the bill perfectly. Most thought it was fun - a few people (we called them the entitled ones) not so much - too bad for them

#10 - Just before dinner thought I would post the rarest of photo's me and lovely Mrs. Daacon in full dress mode and yes my wife made me buy that jacket for this trip It may be another 10 years before another sighting of dressed up Dave is captured

Views: 1,381
12-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What a strikingly handsome couple you and the Mrs. make Dave. I just loved the tuxedo vest too. Looks like you really settled into cruise life and enjoyed the ride.
12-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a great looking couple.
12-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been following the cruise, thanks for bringing us along.

12-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Great shots, gorgeous skies, fun times...life can be wonderful......but that last shot had to be painful! Although you look handsome next to your lovely wife, that tie had to be choking the daylights out of you! Just the sight of a tie hurts my neck!
Glad to see a nice guy like you enjoying your rewards in life for all the hard work you have done. Enjoy to the fullest!

Best Regards!
12-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Cruising - Day at Sea
I'm not speaking to you, as you did nae take me with you.

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
I like to call this one Chicks with Sticks pushing Biscuits
But a had say something when you posted these three scary ladies, I tell you I wouldn't mess with them.
12-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

that is so cool that you are having fun and keeping busy like you did, hell you are going to have to take a vacation and relax once you got off the ship I would think. I'm worn out just thinking about all the activities. Lookin' good are you and Karen, thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

12-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, that looks like a day at sea. That are some wonderful images Dave but you look less than comfortable in the last one.
12-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Party down . . . . . . ! Also, I think I spotted James Bond again .

Jer
12-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
Pentaxian

So much fun in these pictures! Thanks for taking us with you, if only in pictures. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
12-23-2013, 05:01 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
What a strikingly handsome couple you and the Mrs. make Dave. I just loved the tuxedo vest too. Looks like you really settled into cruise life and enjoyed the ride.
Well thank you susan my wife makes up for me so that helps.

QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
What a great looking couple.
Thanks disco_owner appreciate the kind words

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Been following the cruise, thanks for bringing us along.
Thanks Larry - got some good advice from you in the Travel section before I went so thanks for that.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Great shots, gorgeous skies, fun times...life can be wonderful......but that last shot had to be painful! Although you look handsome next to your lovely wife, that tie had to be choking the daylights out of you! Just the sight of a tie hurts my neck!
Glad to see a nice guy like you enjoying your rewards in life for all the hard work you have done. Enjoy to the fullest!
Best Regards!
Thanks Rupert - well it was not too bad but it is a foreign experience lately for sure. I have been working from home the last 11 or so years and the dress code is pretty relaxed here so if I have to wear a suit and tie on occasion I can do that.

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I'm not speaking to you, as you did nae take me with you.
But a had say something when you posted these three scary ladies, I tell you I wouldn't mess with them.
ha told ya my cc was maxed out I tried Good plan I would mess with those 3 with or without sticks
12-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
that is so cool that you are having fun and keeping busy like you did, hell you are going to have to take a vacation and relax once you got off the ship I would think. I'm worn out just thinking about all the activities. Lookin' good are you and Karen, thanks for sharing your adventure with us.
Thanks Bob we were glad to have an extra Day in Fort Lauderdale to wind down for sure. Although my brother in law and I booked a quick visit to the everglades. We went to the sports bar to watch the MNF game and we left before it started so yeah we were partied out

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Yep, that looks like a day at sea. That are some wonderful images Dave but you look less than comfortable in the last one.
haha Thansk Heinrich I knew about formal night just did not know there were 3 of them It was all good.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Party down . . . . . . ! Also, I think I spotted James Bond again .
Jer
Yep I think you mean 009 license to drink and eat

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
So much fun in these pictures! Thanks for taking us with you, if only in pictures. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Thanks Ian it was fun
12-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote

#10 - Just before dinner thought I would post the rarest of photo's me and lovely Mrs. Daacon in full dress mode and yes my wife made me buy that jacket for this trip It may be another 10 years before another sighting of dressed up Dave is captured

You clean up pretty good and don't even look as miserable as I would expect.
12-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
You clean up pretty good and don't even look as miserable as I would expect.
haha it's the rum
12-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #15
Veteran Member

My one time formal shot was ruined by the sneakers on my feet.