Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A few Ice storm photos
Lens: DA 18-135 and DA*60-250 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario ISO: 100 
Posted By: normhead, 12-23-2013, 11:32 AM

200,000 people are still without power, but we got nice pictures. The plus and the minus I guess.

All the pics posted to date... click on this line.
Views: 908
12-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I see it all over the news wicked weather there Norm stay safe keep your spikes on the ice ! Bizarre weather this year here is was -31 yesterday and today it rained .... oh I love the pics btw they do make for great photos.
12-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Most of the ice is melted, now, it was +3 yesterday, the pictures are just the tail end before it was all gone.
Thanks for commenting daacon
12-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice images Norm, love # 3.

12-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Beautiful shots of some really treacherous weather. I agree on the third shot. It tells the story.
12-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another vote for number 3 - what a terrific photo. My daughter, Robin, and her husband, Kurt (who was born in Niagara Falls, Ontario), spent Saturday night in Buffalo with Kurt's folks before heading our way and flying to Houston yesterday. They lost power Saturday night and had to get ready for the early flight by lantern light. Fortunately, they were able to escape a slippery Buffalo airport and a slippery lay over in Chicago to get to Houston without much difficulty.

Jer
12-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Only 20,000 don't have power in northern NY, but the ice isn't melting. We didn't get any ice here in Syracuse, it stayed above freezing for the last 5 days. But it was a close thing. On Sunday morning it was 63F in Tully, NY (extreme southern Onondaga County), and 35F at the airport in North Syracuse (about 20 miles as the crow flies).

12-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Very nice images Norm, love # 3.
Thanks Heinrich

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Beautiful shots of some really treacherous weather. I agree on the third shot. It tells the story.
Thanks for commenting slowpez

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Another vote for number 3 - what a terrific photo. My daughter, Robin, and her husband, Kurt (who was born in Niagara Falls, Ontario), spent Saturday night in Buffalo with Kurt's folks before heading our way and flying to Houston yesterday. They lost power Saturday night and had to get ready for the early flight by lantern light. Fortunately, they were able to escape a slippery Buffalo airport and a slippery lay over in Chicago to get to Houston without much difficulty.

Jer
We had dinner with my daughters family's best friends tonight, they now live in Buffalo, so it's the perfect spot for them to meet.

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Only 20,000 don't have power in northern NY, but the ice isn't melting. We didn't get any ice here in Syracuse, it stayed above freezing for the last 5 days. But it was a close thing. On Sunday morning it was 63F in Tully, NY (extreme southern Onondaga County), and 35F at the airport in North Syracuse (about 20 miles as the crow flies).
At the peak there were over 350,000 without power, my daughter who lives north of here in Burlington Ontario, was without power all day yesterday.
12-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Posted a bunch of pics of that god awful weather........

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/151-pentax-k-30-k-50/192015-post-your-k-3...-here-102.html

A lot of people are still without power in my own area........
12-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
You know how much you need electricity when the power goes off. That's for sure.
12-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This sounded pretty scary. I've gotten photos from the Maine coast like this, too. Lovely, but it can be devastating. Good to know that it is melting quickly. I know not having power for a while after Sandy...
12-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
This sounded pretty scary. I've gotten photos from the Maine coast like this, too. Lovely, but it can be devastating. Good to know that it is melting quickly. I know not having power for a while after Sandy...
Where we live a backup generator is pretty much mandatory. The power is going to go oout 5-10 times a year, and the fastest repair to the lines is a couple of hours.