Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

possibly my best flower picture ever
Posted By: little laker, 04-07-2008, 04:23 PM

I took 2 minutes out while shooting yesterdays event. And took this photo between the rain showers.

I haven't the faintest idea what type of flower it is
Views: 2,569
04-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad to here you won't be going to Walmart again Stu. I'd starve to death before spending a dime in one of those stores. This has been a rant of mine for a long time but this story re-inforces that view even more:
YouTube - Wal-Mart sues Debbie shank

Clip from a news story:

Debbie Shank was a Wal-Mart employee when she was left “brain damaged, disabled and penniless“ from a car accident seven years ago. But after the Shank family received a settlement from the trucking company at fault, Wal-Mart demanded reimbursement for every cent it had paid for Debbie's medical bills - plus interest and legal fees.
The U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear Debbie Shank's case, leaving her family no choice but to pay Wal-Mart $470,000. One week later, their son was killed in Iraq.

Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott earns more than $470,000 a week and Wal-Mart earns $470,000 every 38 seconds. Surely the largest company in the world, with $11 billion in profits and run by the nation’s wealthiest family, could spare the $470,000, do the right thing and give this poor family a break.

I will go without before ever shopping there. Period.

04-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for posting that Peter,

I've avoided wallyworld for the most part, and every thing that I hear about their policies makes me even sicker about them.

I knew that they treat all except their head workers like garbage, often locking them inside and forcing them to work overtime for free. (The Simpsons even did an episode on it, although they called the store by another name)
However that takes the cake.

I know that British Columbia's disability isn't much better.
They wanted me to pay them back after I got my insurance settlement. When they had me running all over the country to meetings and what not, on my expense. Plus tried to force me to work at some jobs when I was under strict orders from my doctors to not work and to keep my driving to a minim.