Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Old Tractor
Posted By: Ecosse, 04-07-2008, 10:20 PM

I was out for a drive today and saw a bunch of old tractors, heres one of them. C&C would be greatly apprecitaed (PS I'm ont that great with photoshop).

Large Picture can be seen Here

Views: 2,568
04-08-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The picture is a little small - but the selective coloring you used worked very well. The framing , deail and overall composition I like it.

Edit - ok you had a link to the large picture doooooooh - that is a very nice shot and great use of pp.
04-08-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Eric, Welcome to the forums.

I agree with Dave and like the PP work you did. I think the shot is a little dark though. You might want to adjust that a bit.

Where are you located? I'm a Chester/Halifax (long story) native but live in PEI now.
04-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys I apprecite the comments.

Peter, I live in the Annapolis Valley. This shot was taken not far from the Lookoff (not sure how familiar you are with the Valley).

04-08-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ecosse Quote
Thanks guys I apprecite the comments.

Peter, I live in the Annapolis Valley. This shot was taken not far from the Lookoff (not sure how familiar you are with the Valley).
Annapolis Valley eh .. Well I went to High School in West Kings in Aylesford (Graduated in the class of '77) - went to many a game and event at Acadia, fished for Shad in wolfville, lived in Greenwood for 4 years....still have friends who live in Berwick. I know the valley pretty well (made fall money working on farms and picking apples - we use to get $7 a bin I suppose that has changed in the last 30 years eh haha)
04-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Wow, its a small world, eh? I went to Central Kings so theres probably a little bit of rivalry between us, lol. Surprisingly, for being from the Valley, I'm not to familiar with the apple industry. There is however a large farm beside us. I remeber picking drops when I was a kid (13 yrs old maybe) and they gave us $15 a bin maybe?
04-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Ecosse, French for Scottish Im from Scotland (even though I live in England) so appreciate it Welcome and a nice shot.

04-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

The name for Nova Scotia is actually New Scotland and Nouvelle Ecosse is the French translation. The Valley area and most of the province used to have a fairly large French population and was orginally settle by the French. The British put the majority of the population in ships (later 1700's) and moved them to New Orleans and the Louisiana area.

Eric, I know the valley well as I had relatives that lived there. I travel down your way about once a month. I'm a rep and call on Middleton home hardware, Jordans Furniture and a whole host of stores there. maybe someday we can share a beer if I'm in the area after hours.

Should have known the tractor was in the Valley. The apple blossum festival is on soon and you must get lots of shots to share.

You might want to add your info to this and who knows who you'll find there:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/19601-canadians-sign-up-h...s-welcome.html
04-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Interesting bit of info Peter, thanks. I know that the Scottish and French have always had good relations dating back centuries. However the English never got on with the French (or anybody else for that matter) and here I am living in the realm of the Auld Enemy!
04-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thats pretty cool Peter. The reason I chose the name Ecosse has a few reasons. Obvisously theres the Nova Scotia connection, also my mother is Acadian and my father is Scottish.

Peter, the Apple Blossom Festival is probably the best time a person can have in the Valley. And I for sure will be getting some shots of the scenery. I have a few trees in my backyard, but there is an enormous orchard about 500 meters away from my house. The weather has been so great lately, hopfully a sign of things to come.
04-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Your selective coloring is very good. You did a fine job on a shot taken at a difficult time of the day. This tractor looks a lot like my husbands. He has a 1957 Massey Ferguson.
04-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I'm with Diane..

QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
Your selective coloring is very good. You ..
I am with Diane and everyone else.. The selective coloring on this works very well..

Great shot and Welcome to the forum!! Kim
04-09-2008, 12:46 AM   #13
axl
Inactive Account

Good shot, and welcom to the forums. Selective colouring doesn't always work that well. But in this case it's great. I'd just turn the contrast dow a bit.
04-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #14
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the comments, its very inspiring!