Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ite Been A Very Long Time.... Some New Street Shots.. **dee-vee Style** ...
Posted By: distorted_vision, 04-08-2008, 06:29 AM

hey guys and girls... wow, its been such a long time since i last logged onto the net.. so many things have been happening lately...
well heres a few shots i took today.. hope you like them..

THE OBSERVER..

BREAK AWAY...

PLANTIFUL..

PIPE DREAMS....

Last edited by distorted_vision; 04-08-2008 at 06:37 AM.
Views: 4,476
04-08-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love that first shot.....very nice.
04-08-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
Pentaxian

That first shot is really great. It's nice to see you back posting again as well.
04-08-2008, 07:33 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

De-Veeeeeeeee we were wondering about ya ! Glad to see your distorted vision is back online - nice shots #1 and #2 I prefer - glad all is well in your world!

04-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

THE OBSERVER is a crackin' good shot. Excellent!
04-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
De-Veeeeeeeee we were wondering about ya
Me too! cracking pics, the 1st is very good
04-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like 1 and 2. Great stuff. I was wondering if you'd jumped to the dark side or had been so busy making frames that you couldn't say hi. So what's been happening with the quest?
04-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hey everyone.. thanks for the comments,. yeh, the 1st pic i really felt was a good capture.. i was happy with that one..
jeez, my life has been hectic lately to say the least,, moving house and new job .but im settled down now.. and yes peter.. im still using pentax,haha.. always will be...
ive been setting up stalls on weekend markets and also i have had a few gallery expo's with my work at venues etc. im quite surprised with the feedback i have been receiving.. it seems as tho quite a lot of people appreciate my work,and are prepared to pay for it.. which is awesome.
im still using the k100ds and im looking at upgrading mayb// -as im not sure whether the k100ds has clicked the shutter enough times.. its a flippn awesome camera.. amazing entry level camera thats for sure.
anyone who thinks that the k100ds is a toy, would be mistaken in a big way. people dont believe me when i tell them what camera i use for all my work.. ( i think that goes to show the sheer quality of the pentax dslr's)..
anyway, enough ranting.. i have a day off work today so im going to relax as i dont feel too good,.

kevsta!

04-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Good to see ya back, Mate! Although we are a very loose knit family here on the Pentax Forums, we definitely still care about you. I'm glad to see you're OK and I missed your 'DeeVee' style.

The first shot is great and the others are good as well. I don't understand what I am looking at in the last pic. Maybe you could explain.
04-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I like the first shot a lot. Kind of carrying over some loneliness feel.
04-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
D V, that first shot is fantastic !!!, they all are good, but #1 is a classic m8, would love to see that full size !
04-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I missed looking at DV-style pictures. Finally some relief!! hehe
As always, I love your shots!
04-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Welcome back stranger..

Hey there DV!!

Good to see you back!! I agree with everyone the first one is good.. What a spot to sit and people watch!!!! WOW... The things you could see from up there.. LOL

Hope all is well... and that we see more pics soon!!

Kim
04-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #14
Inactive Account

I have to agree.... your first shot is absolutely cracking! They all have a great feel to them.
04-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks for all the great feedback guys n gurls! im really happy that you all like #1.. it was one of those shots that i was lucky to have had my camera with me, as the moment didnt last very long. i only had a few seconds to set up he shot and settings and CLICK! i just knew that it was going to make for an interesting shot, and i was stoked when i got home and loaded it up onto the computer..

j.scott- how rya mate? yeh, the last shot is actually a photograph of a floodlight at a train station called 'southern cross' . its in melbourne cbd and those spikey things on the light are there to keep pigeons from landing on there and making nests. its hard to describe southern crosses' structual design.. its basicaly a tapestry of cabling and steel tubing,suspending a very largewave designed roof. it almost looks like a humungous sail. ill take a photo for you with the wide angle, so you can get a perspective of what im talking about..