Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Showing off my new Macro lens
Lens: Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro Camera: K3 Photo Location: North Alabama 
Posted By: NicoleC, 12-29-2013, 05:33 AM

I'm very happy with my new Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro lens, other than the fact my camera bag has gone from comfortable to way too heavy after a while. This sucker weighs almost 2 pounds. It has certainly elevated the quality of my macro shots versus making do with a 18-55mm kit lens. Here's a sampling of what it can do in our dreary winter days. With the exception of the last image, these are all outdoors under natural lighting, hand held. One of these days I must learn the patience to drag the tripod with me and set it up for every shot.

(I had to focus stack the heart shape, which made the bokeh look a little funny.)

And one more indoors:

Views: 741
12-29-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the rusty barb wire image. Sharp in more ways than one!
12-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
I'm very happy with my new Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro lens, other than the fact my camera bag has gone from comfortable to way too heavy after a while. This sucker weighs almost 2 pounds. It has certainly elevated the quality of my macro shots versus making do with a 18-55mm kit lens. Here's a sampling of what it can do in our dreary winter days. With the exception of the last image, these are all outdoors under natural lighting, hand held. One of these days I must learn the patience to drag the tripod with me and set it up for every shot.

(I had to focus stack the heart shape, which made the bokeh look a little funny.)

And one more indoors:
Plus one for the shot of the wire!
12-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A shot of barbed wire is right up there with the stereotypical shot of the squirrel -- everyone takes them! But it turned out quite well. It helped the sun peeped out for a few minutes.