Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Christmas Tree Gothic
Lens: FA 31/1.8 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Computer Room ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F1.8 
Posted By: Sailor, 12-30-2013, 10:57 AM

Yesterday, my younger daughter and her husband flew back north leaving the house feeling empty and with that slight melancholy that often follows the end of a long-anticipated event . Adding to the drear, we woke up to a gray, damp and cold (42F*) Monday with little temperature increase expected (what is this? we live in SE Texas ). Perhaps I was influenced by the general gloom, when I was looking at "experimental" pics I grabbed haphazardly on Christmas morning and decided to play with one shot of a small tree we place in a front window as an "outside" decoration. The result was the cropped, B&W version you see first; the original follows. Don't ask me why I had the lens wide-open .

Jer

*I must confess that during the many years we lived in Michigan, in late December, we would have greeted a morning temp of 42 with joy rather than gloom .

Views: 627
12-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
don't worry buddy, it will soon be warm again and you will be out sailing again. The bw conversion is really a nice conversion and works very well, great job.
12-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great BW conversion my friend!
12-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
don't worry buddy, it will soon be warm again and you will be out sailing again. The bw conversion is really a nice conversion and works very well, great job.
Bob - it's supposed to be back in the '60s by New Years, with sun thereafter (top down weather ). Thanks for the kind words about this crazy picture.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Great BW conversion my friend!
Hey, thanks, Norbert - I appreciate your comment, as always.

Jer