Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cruising - The end
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 iis 
Posted By: daacon, 12-30-2013, 02:03 PM

Well I have gone through all the ports , shown a lot of snapshots that pretty much only meant something to those of us that were there . I appreciate all those that took the time to drop by and comment. So I will leave with a couple of shots of what I thought was a large ship but then I saw Heinrich's boat (about 3 times the crew and over twice as many passengers ) and a few sunsets. I may post a few more of the ship and I do have a Fort Lauderdale series to go through so you'll have to put up that .

This was our first cruise and we learned a lot. There were things we would do different and I think overall I would do a cruise again, but with a different cruise line (age factor average age on the sip must have been over 70 but no where near as young as you Heinrich I am pretty sure we would have gotten along famoulsy too many wheel chairs and walkers on board) and a different place (a real first world problem I know is stopping at one freaking beautiful beach after another hard to believe but we would prefer more variety ) For now I say bon voyage from the Noordam

click on image twice for larger view

Views: 929
12-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
thanks bud for all the photos and great narrative on your travels. I learned a lot about the islands you visited and that small beer bottle they have is just not right.
12-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I've enjoyed "traveling with you" as it were.... Some really nice pics from your travels. Hope it was as much fun as it appeared to be.....

It is always "a bummer" when vacation comes to and end.....but now it's time to start planning the next one!!
12-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Dave, another impressive hopefully not the last series of your cruise. Love that first image and the second sunset but all are nice images. I have never seen this kind of sky/cloud formations anywhere but in the Caribbean.

Age group average on our ship was probably around 55, since both my better half and I are over 80 we probably notched that average up quit a bit. besides that she is using a walker

Seriously, the ship has a supervised children's area and a large teen facility, gym, game room and couple evenings they had dances until midnight. Ship also has two flow riders. On our cruise they only had about 170 teens, the previous one (Thanksgiving week) they had 700 teens on board. I know all this because we had two 14 year olds in our group.

Take care,

12-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice pics, Dave. Those skies look impressive.
12-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
thanks bud for all the photos and great narrative on your travels. I learned a lot about the islands you visited and that small beer bottle they have is just not right.
Thanks Bobyes the small beers were another first world problem however they never ran out of them so it was all good

QuoteOriginally posted by forensicscientist Quote
I've enjoyed "traveling with you" as it were.... Some really nice pics from your travels. Hope it was as much fun as it appeared to be.....
It is always "a bummer" when vacation comes to and end.....but now it's time to start planning the next one!!
Thanks forensicscientist indeed right on both counts. Not sure we will get away to somewhere warm again this winter - but heading to the Mountains tomorrow to bring in the new year

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Dave, another impressive hopefully not the last series of your cruise. Love that first image and the second sunset but all are nice images. I have never seen this kind of sky/cloud formations anywhere but in the Caribbean.

Age group average on our ship was probably around 55, since both my better half and I are over 80 we probably notched that average up quit a bit. besides that she is using a walker

Seriously, the ship has a supervised children's area and a large teen facility, gym, game room and couple evenings they had dances until midnight. Ship also has two flow riders. On our cruise they only had about 170 teens, the previous one (Thanksgiving week) they had 700 teens on board. I know all this because we had two 14 year olds in our group.

Take care,
Thanks Heinrich I know you know no disrespect was meant. I think we would enjoyed your cruise ship a little more. It was dedicated more to the older crowd and there's nothing wrong with that. Quite a few of them were on before and staying on after. I think it's a reasonable retirement place if you get a great deal and watch what you spend these trips can be relatively inexpensive !

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Nice pics, Dave. Those skies look impressive.
Thanks cuasey like Heinrich mentioned only in the Caribbean sea have I seen skies like this.
12-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Thanks for letting us "ride along" with you. Those sky photos are amazing!

12-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I enjoyed your series Dave, and I especially enjoyed your commentary. I doubt Norman will ever be able to drag me onto a cruise ship. Just not my cup of tea. But I sure do enjoy seeing other people's photos of their adventures... so thank you
12-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mole Quote
Thanks for letting us "ride along" with you. Those sky photos are amazing!
Thanks mole the Caribbean skies are special for sure

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
I enjoyed your series Dave, and I especially enjoyed your commentary. I doubt Norman will ever be able to drag me onto a cruise ship. Just not my cup of tea. But I sure do enjoy seeing other people's photos of their adventures... so thank you
Thanks Tess - we debated for a while and now it's off our bucket list. This one was more a combination of all the individuals getting together had a limited window, and a couple of them really wanted to do the cruise so what the heck a new experience. I think I would love to do an Alaskan cruise or European one possibly South America and or Australia / New Zealand. It's a great way to see quite a few different places in a relatively short time. of course the down side is you only have a short time in each place. We learned quite a bit on the first one , things we would do different. We likely won't do another one for a few years - we do like to get out there and explore but it was a great experience.
12-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great stuff again, buddy. Those first two compositions are truly something.

Jer
01-05-2014, 04:23 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great stuff again, buddy. Those first two compositions are truly something.
Jer
Thanks Jer appreciate the kind words.