Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Looking Back and Forth
Posted By: Bob Harris, 01-02-2014, 08:52 PM

We pulled into a RV park in Raton Pass NM, elevation 7800' and drove up the mountain for a view of Capulin Volcano in New Mexico which is about 50 miles from our location and at an elevation of 8100'. Having time on our hands we drove to the volcano the next day, which was very interesting to view and took a photo of our original viewing location from up on the cone, looking back towards Raton Pass. Life is good being retired and on the road full time in our RV, we always have a different backyard and don't have to mow the grass. Capulin Volcano National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

Attached Images

Views: 1,027
01-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Beautiful shots there Bud, retirement has its rewards!

01-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
damn, I probably shouldn't say what I first thought, but that was before there was an eruption there. we were kids a long time ago.
Some breath taking photos...what a great way to spend retirement, taking some great photos!! Oh Pentax...you complete my life...lol!!!!
01-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice Bob, especially the third one. It sure is wide open country(without the white stuff) Thanks for showing us.
01-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Gotzy Quote
Beautiful shots there Bud, retirement has its rewards!
thanks Tom, good luck in the football game, I think it is going to be a good one. Nice and cold too.

01-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Guardian720 Quote
Some breath taking photos...what a great way to spend retirement, taking some great photos!! Oh Pentax...you complete my life...lol!!!!
It is a wonderful life and I sure appreciate everyone that is paying into Social Security, I need the money.
01-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shooting Bob! I recall that area well! As a kid we visited there and I will never forget it! I was hiking up a trail and along came 3 tiny baby skunks....they were so cute! I picked one up, and rode all the way back to Texas with my arm out the window. I can still hear my Grandad hollering..."Get that arm back out the window boy!"

Regards!
01-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Very nice Bob, especially the third one. It sure is wide open country(without the white stuff) Thanks for showing us.
My kind of place Heinrich, but we have to go into California soon to visit family, back into the city life for awhile
01-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice shooting Bob! I recall that area well! As a kid we visited there and I will never forget it! I was hiking up a trail and along came 3 tiny baby skunks....they were so cute! I picked one up, and rode all the way back to Texas with my arm out the window. I can still hear my Grandad hollering..."Get that arm back out the window boy!"

Regards!
what a wonderful memory Rupert, you've sure had some great encounters with animal life over the years.