Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Another set of Red Sox Opening Day
Posted By: Romoman, 04-09-2008, 08:39 AM

From another perspective. All shot with either the Pentax 10-17 FE or a Quantaray 70-300.

Attached Images

Views: 2,477
04-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great wide shots. I hope to try and get one Friday night. I am going to try snd get one from the homeplate area. May even try and get up in to those Pavillion area for one shot. Nice work again shots showing I should look into that lens. I feel it will be the first lens I rent.

PS. I can't get over no Coke Bottles on the Monster.
04-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #3

Original Poster
And a shot from my seat...
Attached Images

04-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Great wide shots. I hope to try and get one Friday night. I am going to try snd get one from the homeplate area. May even try and get up in to those Pavillion area for one shot. Nice work again shots showing I should look into that lens. I feel it will be the first lens I rent.

PS. I can't get over no Coke Bottles on the Monster.
Do you ever get to NH? You would be welcome to borrow mine. I'm not heading to Boston again this week so I can't drop it off to you.

04-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

WHAT!!!!! Your seat....... Increase Jealous looking grin. Sat in that area for a few innings with a friend waiting for someone. You can see the shots here Sox vs Detroit 08/16/06
04-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice!! You had a much better angle then I did for the ceremony thats for sure. It is great to see other Pentax shots from the game (and pretty neat that we are all on this forum!).

You had incredible seats, I've sat in that area a few times and it is amazing. Do you have season tickets or just got luck?

John
04-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #7

Original Poster
Season Tickets in the family since 1975.

The only bad thing is if your point of focus is close to the screen it impacts your shot. The seats are pretty cool though.

04-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

You suck!
04-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

nice!

I like the shots taken with the 10-17 lens, what a great way to capture the whole park.

and your seats are fantastic!!

Tim
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #10
Veteran Member

John - That day was lucky, long story if I see you at Fenway some day I will fill you in. Overall I have had no trouble getting tickets on line at Redsox.com patients and luck and ability to go on short notice. Last year got in to Christmas at Fenway and got tickets to 7 games and got tickets for 3 others here and there. NEVER OVER FACE VALUE!!!!

Romoman - if you ever have a game looking to sell seats to keep me in mind What section are you in. I will wave on Friday. You are right the net gets to be trouble as the evening sets in.
04-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

John - That day was lucky, long story if I see you at Fenway some day I will fill you in. Overall I have had no trouble getting tickets on line at Redsox.com patients and luck and ability to go on short notice. Last year got in to Christmas at Fenway and got tickets to 7 games and got tickets for 3 others here and there. NEVER OVER FACE VALUE!!!!

Romoman - if you ever have a game looking to sell seats to keep me in mind What section are you in. I will wave on Friday. You are right the net gets to be trouble as the evening sets in.
I won the Christmas at Fenway 2 years This year the only drawing I won was for Right Field Roof Deck (the new'ish area with the bar), so I got tickets up there for Patriots day. I'll be up there again (a friend won the same drawing) in August. The only other game this year that I'm going to is in Baltimore.

As far as opening day I am sorry to say I paid way over face value. My wife REALLY wanted to go so I bought them for her (and me ) for her Birthday. I would never pay that much over face value for a normal game but this was completely worth it.

It is too bad tickets are so hard to get, we could have a big "Pentax Users at Fenway Day"
04-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #12
Veteran Member

If your board here is my Xmas at Fenway link 2006 maybe I saw you there. Christmas @ Fenway
04-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #13
Veteran Member

If your board here is my Xmas at Fenway link 2006 maybe I saw you there. Christmas @ Fenway
Would be funny if our paths crossed that day!
04-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

These are terrific - I love Fenway Park. I lived in Watertown back in the '70's and loved to hit a summer evening baseball game. Once a Red Sox fan, always a Red Sox fan.

Jer