Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Aqua Theater on board ship
Lens: 18-135 Camera: K3 ISO: 3200 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 01-04-2014, 08:03 PM

All these images except the first one were at iso 3200. Even than shutter speeds were low, so not too many keepers from that show. but here are a few:

















Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Views: 769
01-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 37,550
I think you and the K-3 did very well under the circumstances of low lighting here. Very little noise and good colour, I think you should be very happy with that effort.
01-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,976
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
I think you and the K-3 did very well under the circumstances of low lighting here. Very little noise and good colour, I think you should be very happy with that effort.
Thank you EM, I am very happy with the way the K3 performed, the only way one could improve that is better and faster glass. But this is not high art, just memories of a very good cruise trip and it did that very well.
01-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 24,091
You know - I don't think I have one of these on Cut Time - our 30ft sailboat. Cool shots, Heinrich - amazing stuff they put on these big cruising ships.

Jer

01-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Fun times and great shots Heinrich! So glad to see you enjoying life...... and sharing with us too!

Regards!
01-05-2014, 09:19 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,805
Those are great shots. The combo did well.
Where did the cruise take you?
01-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #7
Veteran Member
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,915
These are very good Heinrich looks like a Vegas like show. Nice series.

01-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
like Dave said, just like a Vegas show. I forget looking at the photos that this is on a ship and a very large ship at that.
01-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member
tessfully's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: S. Algonquin, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,859
What a wonderful set. So colourful and energetic. I feel as if I saw the show. Thank you so much for sharing Enjoyed very much!
01-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,976
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
What a wonderful set. So colourful and energetic. I feel as if I saw the show. Thank you so much for sharing Enjoyed very much!
Thank you Tess and you are welcome.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
like Dave said, just like a Vegas show. I forget looking at the photos that this is on a ship and a very large ship at that.
Thank you Bob, the whole ship seems to be geared towards maximum fun and entertainment as possible in 7 days.

Take care,


QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
These are very good Heinrich looks like a Vegas like show. Nice series.
Thanks Dave and do take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Those are great shots. The combo did well. Where did the cruise take you?
Thank you, it did. Cruise started in Fort Lauderdale, FL to Labadee in Haiti, on to Falmouth, Jamaica, Cozumel, Mexico and back to Fort Lauderdale.

Take care,


QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Fun times and great shots Heinrich! So glad to see you enjoying life...... and sharing with us too!

Regards!
Thank you Rupert

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
You know - I don't think I have one of these on Cut Time - our 30ft sailboat. Cool shots, Heinrich - amazing stuff they put on these big cruising ships.

Jer
Thank you Jer, there are a few things though that you can do that this ship can not.

Take care,
01-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 53,187
Interesting images, btw for me the first image appears only very briefly, so fast I can't even tell you what's on it and then disappears completely.
01-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,976
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Interesting images, btw for me the first image appears only very briefly, so fast I can't even tell you what's on it and then disappears completely.
Thank you kindly, I have tried opening a new window several times, works fine on this end. Does anyone else have the same problem?
01-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,805
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Thank you kindly, I have tried opening a new window several times, works fine on this end. Does anyone else have the same problem?
No problem here.
01-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #14
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 53,187
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Does anyone else have the same problem
Working fine now, Scottish water in the tubes of the internet again.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie on board ....... ShutterUp2012 Welcomes and Introductions 4 12-11-2013 02:48 AM
Yellow/Aqua Q7 featured on Fab cjfeola Pentax Q 11 11-15-2013 09:33 PM
Photochucker on Board Photochucker Welcomes and Introductions 3 11-30-2012 03:16 PM
Sports Aqua theater on board ship, part 1 Heinrich Lohmann Post Your Photos! 8 01-08-2012 08:09 AM
Misc Aqua theater on board ship, part 2 Heinrich Lohmann Post Your Photos! 8 01-05-2012 11:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top