Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Matchmaker dot Org
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Original Photo Location: Woods of Otis -Texas ISO: 1000 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Rupert, 01-06-2014, 10:35 AM

I've opened a dating service for the animals in the Woods of Otis........

Hey buddy, she's over there>>>>>>>>she's been waiting all morning.

It's only 15F this morning, I'm not hanging out on a limb all day, you better get moving!

This is so stupid! Only a bird brain would need a dating service!

Regards....Combine a broken foot, 15 degree cold and a mind not much better than a birds and this is the kind of post you get!
Views: 1,066
01-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shots, Rupert - the mating ritual of these cardinals must be arcane - don't they know how to make a pass at the local bar? I share the squirrel's (is this Otis, himself??) indignation.

Jer
01-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Jer....That is one of Otis' kids, Otis is still down in the Bahamas sipping little umbrella drinks and checking out the topless girls on the beach to see if they are hiding any of that donor cash meant for little orphan squirrels. He says he has to get real close to make sure the cash is not hidden under the overhang........must be tough on his little eyes?

The birds were shot at about 50 feet out, and are around 20% crops of the original frame. You lose a lot of resolution that way and I am thinking the K3 might improve my cropping abilities, but right now I have so many unfinished duties that I don't have time for a new camera...or even the one I have, really. I should be at the bank this afternoon, but here I sit playing around......it was 15F this morning and is just now hitting 29F.....hard to make myself get out!

Regards!
01-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't think this dating service is going to work Rupert, look at her, she is in a huff already and he doesn't seem to be all that interested neither. Very nice photos though and while you are at the bank this afternoon, oh never mind I was just thinking about the K 3.

01-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Heinrich, I closed the dating service after the first mating ended in a big fight with feathers flying. Seems they both were more interested in who got the sunflower seeds than each other.....

Maybe a K3 is in my near future....first I need to be able to walk again...I'm working on it, believe me! I have a plan.....I'm going to get back to normal walking, but limp and moan around Mrs Rupert to avoid that list of hers with all the things that "need to be done". If I can pull it off, my life is going to be a lot more fun!

Regards!
01-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Do animals play hard to get? Ask Otis for me.--charliezap