Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winter Blast
Lens: Pentax DA*21Ltd. Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Backyard ISO: 100 Aperture: F8 
Posted By: tessfully, 01-06-2014, 07:28 PM

We got a ton of snow overnight. It was a lot of work once again breaking in my snowshoe trails in the woods. Here are a few images from today. Thanks for having a look!

Porch Railing

Picnic anyone?

Asleep

Canoeing is a distant memory and ice out feels like a million months away...

Into the woods we go...

Last edited by tessfully; 01-06-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Views: 921
01-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Awesome pics, as usual, Tess.

I'd rather have this much snow than what has been ongoing here for the past week.

Cheers!

JP
01-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

that's ridiculous, great pics though Tess. Was there something on the picnic bench to give such height in snow?
01-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Nice winter photos. Beautiful country out there.

Last edited by lesmore49; 01-06-2014 at 09:32 PM.
01-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #5
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like classic winter to me. And a while before the next picnic.

Nice images. Well done. Thanks.
01-06-2014, 11:21 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good looking pictures Tess but that is a lot of snow, we had maybe half of that except it got blown around quiet a bit.
01-07-2014, 01:27 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you, Tess, for sharing those wonderful, peaceful images. I can't imagine what it must be like for you and Norm (and many others in Canada and the US) because where I live it has never snowed and it never will.

01-07-2014, 01:33 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well taken interesting series, as I've mentioned before, we don't see snow here so it's always fascinating to see it in photos.
01-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #9
Veteran Member

That 4th shot is sure a boatload of snow ! You sure got dumped on Tess nice series.
01-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Now that's some serious snow - great shots, as usual, Tess. I especially like the picnic table and the last photo.

We actually hit 23F (-5C) early this morning - extraordinary for our neck of the woods. Help is on the way, with highs near 70F by Thursday.

Jer
01-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Very nice shots Tess.Florida for March is looking better all the time.--charliezap
01-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Awesome pics, as usual, Tess.

I'd rather have this much snow than what has been ongoing here for the past week.

Cheers!

JP
Thanks JP... I have been following your dismal weather. It always changes so here's hoping for some nice fluffy white stuff for you!

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
that's ridiculous, great pics though Tess. Was there something on the picnic bench to give such height in snow?
The only think on the table is snow. And it has continued to snow, now throw in high whipping winds and you get white outs... I don't think you'll ever come visit, eh Bob? Even if I offer you my coat. Thanks from commenting

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nice winter photos. Beautiful country out there.
Thank you lesmore

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Looks like classic winter to me. And a while before the next picnic.

Nice images. Well done. Thanks.
Thanks so much Ted

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Good looking pictures Tess but that is a lot of snow, we had maybe half of that except it got blown around quiet a bit.

Thanks Heinrich... it is sure blowing around today. Nasty out there with the wind.

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Thank you, Tess, for sharing those wonderful, peaceful images. I can't imagine what it must be like for you and Norm (and many others in Canada and the US) because where I live it has never snowed and it never will.
Thanks for looking Ray, glad you enjoyed the view It is lovely and peaceful until the wind picks up. My only complaint with the cold is how it affects my dogs.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Well taken interesting series, as I've mentioned before, we don't see snow here so it's always fascinating to see it in photos.
Thanks so much Eaglem

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
That 4th shot is sure a boatload of snow ! You sure got dumped on Tess nice series.
It is a real winter's winter this year.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Now that's some serious snow - great shots, as usual, Tess. I especially like the picnic table and the last photo.

We actually hit 23F (-5C) early this morning - extraordinary for our neck of the woods. Help is on the way, with highs near 70F by Thursday.

Jer
Minus 5 much have been a shock for you. Wow... big swing though. Can't image 70 at the moment. Thanks for commenting Jer....

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Very nice shots Tess.Florida for March is looking better all the time.--charliezap

Thanks Charlie! You are not leaving till March! Well you have quite a bit of time to enjoy winter then!