Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The local weather
Lens: Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4 Camera: K-5 IIs Photo Location: Wickenburg, Arizona ISO: 80 Aperture: F2.4 
Posted By: scratchpaddy, 01-06-2014, 09:05 PM

The weather's looking pretty bleak for a lot of you Canadian and northern U.S. folks. So here, I'll try to warm you up with some of our local weather.

I like it when it's

Actually, I took these on the final morning of last year (last week, actually), but the weather doesn't change much around here.

Hey, we paid our dues when it was

But here, now, it's

You probably hate me right now.

Views: 674
01-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Superb use of the old Tak! Great, great pics. I've just bought an old m42 Mamiya 55mm f1.8. Can't wait to try it outside, but I will have to wait a couple of days. Tonight we have 5 degrees F in Washington, DC.
01-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #3

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's enough to make me think about flying south for the rest of winter! it's warming up here and only -16F!

PS I forgot to say wonderful series!
01-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think your model would be happy regardless of the weather - thanks for warming us up a bit.

01-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Super series; I especially like the second one.

Jer
01-07-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Thanks for the warming shots.Right now in the Boston area it's 12 degs with the wind at 20mph.--charliezap
01-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Beautiful!!! The second and third shots just rock!! Lovely dog, great shooting, nice warm sunshine.

01-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some wonderful shots, love the second one.
01-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Superb use of the old Tak! Great, great pics. I've just bought an old m42 Mamiya 55mm f1.8. Can't wait to try it outside, but I will have to wait a couple of days. Tonight we have 5 degrees F in Washington, DC.
Oof! I know your summers aren't that pleasant, either, so I really feel for you. You'll have fun with that lens when you get a chance, though, I'm sure!

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
It's enough to make me think about flying south for the rest of winter! it's warming up here and only -16F!

PS I forgot to say wonderful series!
Thanks Ted! You wouldn't be the first to fly south for the winter. There are whole towns around here that wouldn't exist if it wasn't for all the snowbirds.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I think your model would be happy regardless of the weather - thanks for warming us up a bit.
Ha ha, you're probably right! She's never seen snow before, but I bet she'd love it.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Thanks for the warming shots.Right now in the Boston area it's 12 degs with the wind at 20mph.--charliezap
Ouch! I hope the Admiral's okay.

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Beautiful!!! The second and third shots just rock!! Lovely dog, great shooting, nice warm sunshine.
Thank you, Tess. Those are three elements of a good time!

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Some wonderful shots, love the second one.
Thanks Heinrich. I was surprised at how pleasant that one turned out, even though Skippy is completely out of focus.