Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tomato anyone? mmm
Posted By: thomasjmpark, 04-10-2008, 02:51 PM

Hi,

Well I was out and about in small amount of sunshine we had and took a good few photos, I didnt like a single one of them. Feeling a bit cheesed off at what seemed a waste of time I thought I would make a tasty sandwich, however on opening the fridge I was greeted by these tasty treats.

A feww beers and photos later I came up with this, funnily enough I actually quite enjoyed it. It makes a change for me to shoot something like this as I think it looks more interesting, thats me though There may be some experiments coming up

Views: 2,684
04-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Gross! Check your fridge more often.
04-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
To be honest I hardly ever use our fridge and there are 4 other people living here that arent the tidiest...my excuse anyway
04-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Ashgray

Just continuing the digusting theme. Dont know why but im enjoying doing these, bit different I suppose

04-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Whoa - now take the moldy tomatoes, mix them in the ashtray let sit for 3 - 4 weeks, preferably in a warm moist place with lots of natural light. Perhaps mix in some other rotten food from time to time and soon you will have some new creatures to take some exceptional macro photos!
04-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

nice pics tom ... lots of interesting and random details
you must really like tomatoes to have that many in your fridge
04-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Tom, did you fire the maid???? Good photos in a bad way

04-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Well now that's bizarre because just tonight I took this photo, much to the disgust of my family. Most of the other tomatoes were edible, however. This looks like two types of mold... quite the little experiment!

Taken with a Vivitar 100mm macro. I really needed to focus a bit tighter.

(c) 2008 Robin Parmar
04-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
Veteran Member

that last tomato pic is pretty cool... but very gross! ARGH! lol
04-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Wow, a secret gathering for microbiologists! These fungus looking hair do help me with some weight loss in the coming weeks
04-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #11
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a long streach from those beautiful sweeping vista of the landscape around your area. Between the ashtray and the tomatoes, I don't know what's worse. You can take a good pic of even grosse stuff.
04-11-2008, 01:10 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks everyone (i think lol). I knew most people wouldnt like the subjects, Im not overly keen on them either but the more I look the more interesting I find them, alternative still life I suppose. Or maybe as Jeff suggested a few posts ago, im just demented

Robin that tomato shot is pretty good, impressive fungus

K100d, they are (were) cherry tomatoes, just little uns'.

Peter, I know, my landscapes have been pretty uninspiring recently I have to say, but im enjoying trying out different types of close ups at the moment.

Thanks everyone
04-11-2008, 03:15 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Hey Tom, those are great pictures of totally disgusting subjects - good job! And Robin's tomato needs a shave!

I'm just kidding, but I think you are on to something. This is how we get our creative juices flowing by expanding our horizons. If you take nothing but stunning vistas of the Lake District soon people will be (sorry!) bored with your efforts. Some here may disagree but I think you need to try different subjects to keep your creative side active. Now go rummage 'round in the garbage bins and see what you can come up with. Check for litter and other bits of flotsam and jetsam from society.

This exercise is all about looking closer and seeing things that others don't want to know exists. Of course we all know that fruits and vegetables must decay and basically go back to compost or we'd we neck deep in tomatoes by now; but somehow we think it isn't a potential photographic subject. I disagree. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next!
04-11-2008, 03:16 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Robin that tomato shot is pretty good, impressive fungus
I can't really say I'll try to get more shots like this one... because I'd rather avoid the whole unicellular mess.

But if any should show up...
04-11-2008, 03:23 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Jeff for the positive note. I really think if I spent a bit of time and effort that an interesting series could come out of it, beautiful or not, thanks again

Lol Robin, I will boldly go where no man (person) has (or wants) to go, or not on this forum anyway