Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Leaf and Shadow
Posted By: Sailor, 01-14-2014, 07:48 AM

I was up pretty early this morning and saw this leaf casting a shadow in our breezeway.

Jer

Views: 1,505
07-22-2018, 03:15 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I was up pretty early this morning and saw this leaf casting a shadow in our breezeway.

Jer
Very good!

07-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Looks like the leaf has just performed a pirouette..... with I might add..... the stylistic assistance of the shadow.
07-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Very good!
Thank you.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Looks like the leaf has just performed a pirouette..... with I might add..... the stylistic assistance of the shadow.
Cool interpretation, Les - thanks very much.

Jer
07-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Thank you.

Jer

Cool interpretation, Les - thanks very much.

Jer
Jer,

I was thinking some more about your photograph of the leaf and the shadow, and it put me in mind of something you would see in Disney's Fantasia movie (1940) particularly the Sorcerer's Apprentice segment...where inanimate objects take on life.

With our newly arrived grandson I've been looking back at children's movies of the past that our kids and now our family's new little arrival would enjoy seeing. A lot of the movies that I like and think the rest of the family would enjoy watching... are old and I have to say many of them are Disney productions. Walt Disney really knew his stuff.

I think your photo is more than suitable for framing and hanging on a wall. The black and white you chose really works very well.

Les

07-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Jer,

I was thinking some more about your photograph of the leaf and the shadow, and it put me in mind of something you would see in Disney's Fantasia movie (1940) particularly the Sorcerer's Apprentice segment...where inanimate objects take on life.

With our newly arrived grandson I've been looking back at children's movies of the past that our kids and now our family's new little arrival would enjoy seeing. A lot of the movies that I like and think the rest of the family would enjoy watching... are old and I have to say many of them are Disney productions. Walt Disney really knew his stuff.

I think your photo is more than suitable for framing and hanging on a wall. The black and white you chose really works very well.

Les
Thanks much, Les, for your thoughts and kind words. Disney was a staple of my youth (e.g. Twenty Thousand Leagues . . . . . . . , Davey Crockett, Seven Dwarfs, etc.), and of my daughters' (e.g. Beauty and the Beast) and - now - of my granddaughter's (e.g. Star Wars). My older daughter, son-in-law and older granddaughter spent a week at Disney World earlier in the month.

Jer