Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Music, Axe, Keys, Mic & Tea
Posted By: spyglass, 04-10-2008, 11:41 PM

I have seen some great guitar photos posted on the Forum and thought that I would post a few pictures of some music items. Perhaps other may want to add and make this thread a music thread (if you have them lets see them) ..... hope you enjoy.

My workstation in my music studio

My son has started to learn to play the guitar and was frustrated that he couldn't shred like his guitar idol (Steve Tyler “The Demon of Screamin”). I told him that it would take years, but one day the guitar would be more like an extension of his body than a chunk of wood.

I was trying to lay down a vocal track to a song I am writing, but seemed to screw up this one particular line. I could step away from the Mic and nail it, but back up at the Mic.... I wanted to show the Mic as something larger than it really is (ok I think I can take it in an honest fight - ha ha)

While the Pentax 10-17mm was on I just couldn't resist getting a shot of the keyboard (ya I know this type of piano shot is probably way over done),

My Son with his Axe

My Ovation Tangent Guitar

I found a weapn to use in my fight against the Mic (a nice warm cup of ......... Tea! keeps the voice going up to a past " vocal take 72"- LOL) - I know, don't quit my day job

Thanks for looking, (lets see what others may have, Axes, Keys, Horns, Strings, etc)
Views: 2,257
04-11-2008, 03:26 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Wow! Those are wonderfully creative images. I really like the merging of the body with the guitar. Thanks for sharing.
04-11-2008, 05:14 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Great stuff Spyglass. Is the 1st one you own studio? Id love to see the original as im not sure about the effect. The 2nd is fantastic,no idea how you did it though (some PS tricknology I suppose).

That cup of tea looks mighty tempting too
04-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Great stuff Spyglass. Is the 1st one you own studio? Id love to see the original as im not sure about the effect. The 2nd is fantastic,no idea how you did it though (some PS tricknology I suppose).

That cup of tea looks mighty tempting too
Yes the first shot is the workstation (computer mixing editing area) of my home music studio. I tried to recreate an effect that I saw in a magazine once called "carbon paper", where street artists would draw on top of carbon paper that they found leaving a black image below on their paper. The goal would be to create a crude B&W, that has some pen and ink qualities. It is not something that would be everyone cup of tea - ha ha (ya the tea went down nicely). The 2nd shot is just some fun with Photoshop and a Wacom tablet.

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Wow! Those are wonderfully creative images. I really like the merging of the body with the guitar. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Scott, I can not get over how powerful Photoshop CS3 is. I have bought several books on the program and am having a lot of fun learning what can be done. The trouble is getting enough time to play Thanks

04-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Yes, agree, great creativity, specially I like the photo of your son and the following guitar close-up.
04-11-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The 2nd, 3rd and 5th shots are my favorite.

I love filters used in such fashion and truely artistic.

Bokeh are something that I really love seeing. Showing the ambiguity in the image, a room for imagination or creating mood.
04-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't like this thread too much, it reminds me how dirty and broken most of my gear is.

My dirty, rotten, broken guitar that won't stay in tune.....

One of my fave drums (drums get the star treatment so most are in perfect condition)...
04-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Yes, agree, great creativity, specially I like the photo of your son and the following guitar close-up.
Thanks Gawan,
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The 2nd, 3rd and 5th shots are my favorite.

I love filters used in such fashion and truely artistic.

Bokeh are something that I really love seeing. Showing the ambiguity in the image, a room for imagination or creating mood.
Thanks Roeentarre, the out of focus / bokeh can sometimes speak volumes and support a photo in a sublte way. The Mic shot reflects the atmosphere of my home studio.

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
I don't like this thread too much, it reminds me how dirty and broken most of my gear is.

My dirty, rotten, broken guitar that won't stay in tune.....

One of my fave drums (drums get the star treatment so most are in perfect condition)...
Hey Davemdsn, the wear on that axe just shows the love. I like how even the bridge tuning thumb screw exhibit signs of long hard strumming (and I am picturing the volume knob blowing off as you jumped off of the raised drum kit tier). Take a look at SRV guitar (named #1) it is worn out twice. Fender got permission to examine the guitar and use the information collected to aid in the creation of the replica model they put out 2 years ago. I was shocked to see all the dust on my Ovation (and I had cleaned it - or so I thought). I was going to snap a picture of my Tele.... but it has seen too much love, too much shredding