Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Houston, We Have a Problem
Lens: FA 31/1.8 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Lake Jackson, TX ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: Sailor, 01-17-2014, 07:52 PM

Alien tripods are hovering above our fair city, and each has extended a long proboscis directly into the earth - either to extract energy from the magna, syphon shale oil or mine for gold. Please send the following: a geothermal geologist (in case of magna extraction); a petroleum field engineer (in case of shale oil extraction); and a pawn broker (in case of gold extraction). I will remain on location unless I face imminent danger or decide there's nothing in this for me .

Jer

Views: 1,064
01-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
too funny buddy, at least there is a chemist on standby.
01-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Are you suggesting Bob that Jer has been unnerved by this sight and in need of a Chemist??????????
01-18-2014, 05:56 AM   #4
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What we have here, people, is one very bored cameraman with a need for either a new location to shoot or a psychologist.

01-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

haha with the price of Oil and Gold that's may bet - Aliens and Cowboys in Texas.
01-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
too funny buddy, at least there is a chemist on standby.
Yup and the chemist was ready to cash-in .

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Are you suggesting Bob that Jer has been unnerved by this sight and in need of a Chemist??????????
Naw, EM, Bob was saying that although I'm only a scientist (organic/polymer chemistry - retired), I was able to face these frightening invaders with courage and a cool head .

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
What we have here, people, is one very bored cameraman with a need for either a new location to shoot or a psychologist.
A good analysis, jac, based on the data you had in hand. However . . . . .

No boredom - I grabbed this pick in a parking lot where I was shooting pics of my Porsche, the driving of which eradicates boredom instantly .

No psychologist needed - my wife tells me what to do .

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
haha with the price of Oil and Gold that's may bet - Aliens and Cowboys in Texas.
Thanks - yet again - for indulging my silliness, buddy.

Jer
06-28-2018, 06:57 AM   #7
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Alien tripods are hovering above our fair city, and each has extended a long proboscis directly into the earth - either to extract energy from the magna, syphon shale oil or mine for gold. Please send the following: a geothermal geologist (in case of magna extraction); a petroleum field engineer (in case of shale oil extraction); and a pawn broker (in case of gold extraction). I will remain on location unless I face imminent danger or decide there's nothing in this for me .

Jer
Interesting shot! Caught my eye right away!

06-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Interesting shot! Caught my eye right away!
Thanks!

Jer