Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Decay & Dereliction
Posted By: Mikhail, 04-12-2008, 09:39 AM

With the use of this generator I got Decay & Dereliction, Prime and Daylight. So Friday afternoon I headed out to a local woodland area with my DL and SMC-M 50mm attached. Upon ariving I was grateful I got Decay & Dereliction as there was quite abit to shoot. But I had one big problem. The 50mm was nowhere near wide enough for the shots I had in my head... After trying for 30minutes I gave up and switched to the DA18-55mm which I brought along just in case. Using the DA mainly between 18 and 24 I got some shots I liked. On my way home I decided I really needed to invest in either a UWA zoom or prime. I'd like a zoom but they are all a bit on the high side price wise, so looking to maybe get a MF prime around <28mm or even upgrade the kit to the DA 16-45mm. Shall have to think about that one a bit more htough...
Anyway here are the shots. Comments on the PP would also be appreciated.

Personal Favourite below.

Im also thinking of going over all of them with the yellowy B&W style instead of the more "traditional" style...

Thanks

Last edited by Mikhail; 04-12-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Views: 2,368
04-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great idea and thanks for sharing the PI site. I like the PP work on the sepia ones the best and the first 2 are the best shots in the series IMO. good work though in all.
04-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #3

Original Poster
I originally came across the idea in a DP magazine and then found that generator and would highly recommend it to anyone. Its great to get you out of a creative slump.
Thanks for the comments, I've also become a fan of the Sepia-esque effect (done in LR).

Thanks
04-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I agree with Peter that the sepia tone works better for the subjects. Beautiful shots though. I agree with you, #2 is my favorite.

Also, cool link with inspirations...that one gets bookmarked!

04-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I like the toning in 2nd and 3rd shots. More old book and inciting a more melodramatic mood
04-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments so far. I do agree with you all that the PP in the first 3 work quite nicely and add nice touch to the pictures.
Was wandering if the first or second PP is better? They are identical except the first one has had the saturation dropped quite a bit to tone down the yellow.

Thanks